• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sphere
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

RE: Sphere
"Active" right?
ShiryuX and Khaos is sometimes here, Ben is the one how is trying to do something.

But, really, Sphere is already a great emulator, I don't know why crying so much for open source or whatever.
As I said before in other thread, WE CAN FIX everything, just script.
So, if you need something working for your running server, just script it.
I'm not aiming you Wap, this is for everyone, including me.

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
09-04-2012 07:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
htid4life
Journeyman

Likes Given: 27

well im against open source it will just die quicker.... *imo*

Also sphere is great yes but very buggy and yes you can fix the bugs by script if you know how to script... also not every one can script good enough to fix the bugs...

And im not crying im nearly there just not quite yet Wink lol

[Image: htid.jpg]
09-04-2012 07:41 AM
Wap
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

UORPG.net

(09-04-2012 07:36 AM)Extreme Wrote:  But, really, Sphere is already a great emulator, I don't know why crying so much for open source or whatever.
Really? Smile You can filter any server packet, login packet, fix everyone core bug, client crashes? Also, many issues teoretically can be overriden by scripts, but practically, its will be fixes through **s, as Russians say. Smile As one man said, something it is not the scripting but cat-mouse game with Sphere. )))
Yes, I also could make many with scripts, but you are wrong about "everything".
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 08:04 AM by Wap.)
09-04-2012 08:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

SphereCommunity

Yeah, I know that.
But, which emulator can compete with the original game emulator?
I think we are very 'evolved', because sphere accept the new clients, etc...
And RunUO can't do everything alone too, thats why there is a lot of custom svns.
So, if we release the opensource, lots of sphere svns will appear, and never will get all the fixes together, the base will be bugged forever.
One release with one fix, another release with another fix... thats sucks...

Now, I think the only one release is the best thing for us, because everybody will comment and code for this release.

- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
09-04-2012 08:06 AM
Wap
Journeyman

UORPG.net

(09-04-2012 08:06 AM)Extreme Wrote:  So, if we release the opensource, lots of sphere svns will appear, and never will get all the fixes together, the base will be bugged forever.
One release with one fix, another release with another fix... thats sucks...
I think it is better, than one release without a nessesary support at all.
Open-source is freedom for everyone to make that he want. If Sphere will be open-source nobody be able to complain, about any serious problem / limit it Sphere? Bad? Make better! But now admins can't do anything to solve any problem in Sphere and after MrSugarCube stopped working, we doesn't have nessesary support from the team.
For example, the optimistical variant - Ben will be as good and active developer, as MrSugarCube... But I have one example, with tolerable support of MrSugarCube I was waiting about a half a year for fix of critical bug. I don't talk about a Sphere unstability bugs at all...
I think Sphere need a much more active(really active, without "") developers, than 1-2.
One exit is open-source, another - real upgrade of devepopment team(+5-10 new persons), otherwise the stagnation will continue. Sad
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 08:38 AM by Wap.)
09-04-2012 08:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ben
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 2

SphereCommunity

quit the whining... it's really getting anoying... no wonder no one ever sticks around here.

If you really want open source... here it is...

Main()
{
}
now you get to do whatever you please Tongue

AxisII's current version: 2.0.4j
AxisII SourceCode on Github
AxisII up to date changelog
09-04-2012 08:56 AM
xantier
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

What the hell.. Have you ever seen an open source project, Extreme ? I don't think you did. Open source is the only way for sphere now. And what does "lots of svns appear" mean ? There is always a master svn for open source projects, it has some contributors and the community helps them to fix things. Not everyone is able to directly change master svn but everybody can download and customize it as they wish. It doesn't mean multiple svns. Yes, sphere scripting can change many things but you can't/musn't fix core bugs with it.
09-04-2012 09:07 AM
Journeyman

The North Shield

(09-04-2012 08:03 AM)Wap Wrote:  
(09-04-2012 07:36 AM)Extreme Wrote:  But, really, Sphere is already a great emulator, I don't know why crying so much for open source or whatever.
Really? Smile You can filter any server packet, login packet, fix everyone core bug, client crashes? Also, many issues teoretically can be overriden by scripts, but practically, its will be fixes through **s, as Russians say. Smile As one man said, something it is not the scripting but cat-mouse game with Sphere. )))
Yes, I also could make many with scripts, but you are wrong about "everything".
++++++15600000
09-04-2012 11:04 AM
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

SphereCommunity

(09-04-2012 09:07 AM)xantier Wrote:  What the hell.. Have you ever seen an open source project, Extreme ? I don't think you did. Open source is the only way for sphere now. And what does "lots of svns appear" mean ? There is always a master svn for open source projects, it has some contributors and the community helps them to fix things. Not everyone is able to directly change master svn but everybody can download and customize it as they wish. It doesn't mean multiple svns. Yes, sphere scripting can change many things but you can't/musn't fix core bugs with it.

Of course I know...
I really don't have words to write againt the open source as all of you want.

I just know one thing, if it open source, we will die.
The main developers will abandon the board and the custom releases will appear just to fix things that their server needs.

I stop here.

@Wap
Why do you want to filter all packets?
I'm curious now.
Client crashes? It's broken scripts.
I'd never got client crash while running sphere. Even in pvp or pvm, or whatever.
Maybe is your custom game files.
Maybe is your launcher.
I saw some turkish server that have own launcher, really, why?
OSI use the fresh client, why do they need create a launcher to hook the client and disable easyuo or whatever?
You need hook your players to play free from hacks or whatever...

- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 12:30 AM by Extreme.)
09-05-2012 12:26 AM
xantier
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

o rly ? why would they abandon the board ? they weren't earning and will not be earning so nothing changes after source release. do you think current releases are stable ? random fixes break some other parts more than fixing. there hasn't been a stable release since 2009, you should think about it.

they use their own launcher because TEOT hack was fixed in 2-3 years, speedhack control is still broken. So many shards were closed because of unconcerned devs. You can't question what people try to do on a customizable emulator.
09-05-2012 12:58 AM