• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sphere
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

RE: Sphere
Lol, teot? Speedhack?
Do you know how many steps a player with NO LAG can do?
I know, my anti speed hack know and works.
Do you want player for your server? Get good players, not bad players.
Hackers must be banned all the time.
Let them macro then ban them, they will stop to use speed hack.
Here in brazil, all servers have speedhackers because the staff are stupid and don't ban them.
So, is not my problem, if someone use speedhack in my server, I'll ban him.
Very easy...

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
09-05-2012 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

The annoying thing with speed hack that I found was the notion that everyone is different. You can't simply count the steps then average it out... There is also the factor in which you have the walk/run which can seem quite suspicious.

I also don't understand why people don't just use the latest SVN's people connect to the site, look at the latest build of 2009 and assume that nothing has been done. I know for a fact that the latest svn builds work fine. Is it the fact that you don't know how to AGREE=1? *ha*

The idea behind sphere is that anyone can download it, add the script pack and you will have a working server. Furthermore it uses its own coding that makes it very NOOB friendly. That being said the target market is no longer here for the newer devs. There arn't any NEW players coming onto the forums wanting to create a new shard, and, if there are they are being directed to runuo. The "closed source system" made alot of sense back in the heyday of the early 2000's but doesn't fit into the modern context.

An open source project would bring a few things. Firstly It would encourage "fresh meat" by allowing people to change the source it would encourage a newer generation of developers keen to learn C++. I don't know about many of you but learning to script through a hobby is alot better than sitting there and grinding out crap from a text. On another note it would increase the pace at which fixes were worked on and would allow the individual to fix their own problems -- and help others. Lastly it would increase the size of the community.

Ultimately this is just a post that went nowhere, full of my perception of sphere and becoming open source and what it would bring.. At the end of the day IT WON'T BECOME OPENSOURCE.

That is unless someone can contact him................. d....a....m...i...a..n. (what a douche)

TLBig GrinR: No proper speedhack prev. No market for sphere, thoughts on opensource, it WON'T BECOME OPEN SOURCE.
09-05-2012 01:32 AM
xantier
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

(09-05-2012 01:04 AM)Extreme Wrote:  Lol, teot? Speedhack?
Do you know how many steps a player with NO LAG can do?
I know, my anti speed hack know and works.
Do you want player for your server? Get good players, not bad players.
Hackers must be banned all the time.
Let them macro then ban them, they will stop to use speed hack.
Here in brazil, all servers have speedhackers because the staff are stupid and don't ban them.
So, is not my problem, if someone use speedhack in my server, I'll ban him.
Very easy...

just like devs here are human beings, staff is some human community too. you can't control hacks everytime while there are solutions
09-05-2012 01:39 AM
Wap
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

UORPG.net

sorry, unintentional posting
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 01:47 AM by Wap.)
09-05-2012 01:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

SphereCommunity

Xantier, I'm sorry.
I coded a anti speed hack and give to a shard.
It counts how many steps the player do in one second and check if it teleported or whatever.
The MAX steps of a no lag player is 11, 10 is common.
12+ is speed hack.
So, if someone walk 12 tiles in one second, just mark him and keep tracking him when a staff come online.
So ban him, easy, very easy.

- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
09-05-2012 01:47 AM
Wap
Journeyman

UORPG.net

(09-05-2012 12:26 AM)Extreme Wrote:  I just know one thing, if it open source, we will die.
The main developers will abandon the board and the custom releases will appear just to fix things that their server needs.
Why? Smile I think this possibility is not related with open or closed source. If "The main developers will abandon the board" with closed source, it will be a death of emulator, with open source we have some chanses for a resurrection.

(09-05-2012 12:26 AM)Extreme Wrote:  @Wap
Why do you want to filter all packets?
I'm curious now.
Ok.
1) Login packets:
1.1) I don't know, how to disconnect player, while he is log in and account is already in use. This occurs, when player losing internet connecting for a part of second. (Bad login 1, f_onaccount_login is not firing)
1.2) I don't know, how to disable Fightbook(ini flag is united with tooltips).
1.3) I don't know, how to request info about player hardware(my be, I'm mistaken, but I think it should be requesed on login).
2) Server packets:
2.1) I know no adequate way to make personal visibility for NPCs / players, because is not possible to block char update packets(for example, is needed for quests).
2.2) I can't fix bugly delays on packet exchange. It is a long story... One place, where you can see it, is the ships. But it occurs in PvP too.
2.3) I can't fix visualrange > 18.
It is only a bit of example related with packets. But there are many other issues, that is not / hardly fixable by scripts.
(09-05-2012 12:26 AM)Extreme Wrote:  Client crashes? It's broken scripts.
I'd never got client crash while running sphere. Even in pvp or pvm, or whatever.
1) Sometimes Sphere has general bugs for client crashes.
2) Now I doesn't have this problem on the build I'm using(Feb 2011), but I had random freezes / crashes on last builds. Unfortunately, I didn't had time(and motivation, because l'm not assure, what last builds is better than Feb 2011, for example, 2011 build have stable EF_NETWORKOUTTHREAD, but NetworkThreads in the last builds is complitely unstable) to test this complitely, may be it is fixable by ini / scripts, may be not...
Are you really using last builds on a living shard and your players have connection problems? What version of client do you use?
Quote:12+ is speed hack.
Practically, when player doesn't have an ideal internet connection, he may send more than 10 run packets in a second. 12-13 is possible. Clearly, there is no problem to fix permanent speed hack, but is it hard to prove a very short acceleration: "resend" and other methods.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 02:18 AM by Wap.)
09-05-2012 02:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Shaklaban
Master

Likes Given: 0

DOT

09-05-2012 02:10 AM
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

SphereCommunity

1.1 - serv.account account_name disconnect
1.2 - check expansion flags
1.3 - request hardware info??? why? are you working for google now?

2.1 - create an item, timerd 1, removefromview
2.2 - I didn't understand
2.3 - what?? do you want higher visualrange than 18? the game was made for use 18, tell me why you need more than 18

You're wrong, try yourself run in your local server, run in green acres, make a script to check how many steps you did and you will see that you can't do more than 11 without speed hack.
I will not fight about this, I already did my tests, I know it.
If you need, I send you the script, I just need come back home, maybe tomorrow or thursday...

http://tracker.sphere.torfo.org/bugs/view.php?id=1761
Lol, serv.allclients fix
He made the crash, not the sphere.
He set the EF flag, not the sphere.
If isn't working, don't use.
I think he doesn't know what is that flag EF_FixCanSeeInClosedConts

- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 06:21 AM by Extreme.)
09-05-2012 06:12 AM
Wap
Journeyman

UORPG.net

(09-05-2012 06:12 AM)Extreme Wrote:  1.1 - serv.account account_name disconnect
Where I have to put this? Smile f_onaccount_login not firing, login packet filtering not working.
Quote:1.2 - check expansion flags
Do you read, what I wrote? Smile ini flag is united with tooltips
Quote:1.3 - request hardware info??? why? are you working for google now?
For checking clients, its are running from one computer or not(if IP is equal).

Quote:2.1 - create an item, timerd 1, removefromview
It is an example of fix through **s. Smile Information is sent to all clients, so all client have possibilities to use it using packet cheats. Also useless packets, items, timers and impossibility to block object update. Smile
Quote:2.2 - I didn't understand
Visual bugs, difference in time between items and multi movement while ship is moving. May be, it is fixable by ini settings, but I failed to do it. Also, it seems, that simmillary problems occurs everywhere, for example, sometimes information about player movement is sent to other players with a micro-delay(1-3 steps) and it is not lags. But I don't tested this issue carefully in PvP(it needed to campare information with old builds(2009-2008), that determinely does't have this issue)). [Image: index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1220]
Quote:2.3 - what?? do you want higher visualrange than 18? the game was made for use 18, tell me why you need more than 18
Do you like 800x600 resolution? I, personally, don't like.
Quote:You're wrong, try yourself run in your local server, run in green acres, make a script to check how many steps you did and you will see that you can't do more than 11 without speed hack.
I will not fight about this, I already did my tests, I know it.
If you need, I send you the script, I just need come back home, maybe tomorrow or thursday...
I wrote: when player doesn't have an ideal internet connection
Quote:
http://tracker.sphere.torfo.org/bugs/view.php?id=1761
Lol, serv.allclients fix
He made the crash, not the sphere.
He set the EF flag, not the sphere.
If isn't working, don't use.
I think he doesn't know what is that flag EF_FixCanSeeInClosedConts
LOL, EF really was a fix of this bug, there were no EF when the bug was actual. This bug making random client crashes in PvP.

P.s. What do you really want to prove? That Sphere is as good, that it doesn't need active support? Or that I'm complitely newbie? Big Grin

P.s.s. Sorry for my English. Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 08:42 AM by Wap.)
09-05-2012 08:20 AM
Shaklaban
Master

Likes Given: 0

DOT

(09-05-2012 02:04 AM)Wap Wrote:  2.1) I know no adequate way to make personal visibility for NPCs / players, because is not possible to block char update packets(for example, is needed for quests).

With that one can create interesting things, example from shard named Rel Por:

Code:
Passive Detect Hidden and Tracking:
- Starting at 25 minimum skill of both detect hidden and tracking, a player is able to see 1 tile of hidden players passively. For each additional 5 skill in both skills, the player gains an additional tile of passive reveal range.
For example:
- 25 detect hidden and 25 tracking = 1 tile radius around player.
- 50 detect hidden and 50 tracking = 6 tiles radius around player.
- 75 detect hidden and 75 tracking = 11 tile radius around player.
- 100 detect hidden and 100 tracking = 16 tile radius around player.

Or party (guild) members can see each other, glasses which shows invis or hidden players or most basic of them "dead players cannot see living creatures" thing. But we can't have any of them because sphere had no active developers, probably never will and open source is not seems possible.

Then why we using Sphere? Actually its too much work to create my whole shard in another emulator. I think same goes to all. UO is old game and i don't want spent my time for create all things which im already created. So i have to live with limited emulator. I can't blame current developers for this, no one can. They don't have to add features or fix the bugs if they are not enjoying to do. They don't get paid or anything, its just a hobby.

Also there is no war between Sphere and RunUO. Sphere lost that war years ago and even sphere goes for open source now, nothing will be changed about that. Only thing which is change is sphere will be more customizable for current us, wen don't have to live with limited shard.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 10:24 AM by Shaklaban.)
09-05-2012 10:22 AM