• 3 Votes - 5 Average
Solutions to 7.0.25+ client connection problems
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: Solutions to 7.0.25+ client connection problems
Doesn't this work ?

27-03-2012, MrSugarCube
- Added: Support for reading map data from mapXLegacyMUL.uop files found in client 7.0.24.0
onwards. Sphere looks for the old mapX.mul file(s) first and will continue to use these if
both file formats exist alongside each other.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 09:16 PM by darksun84.)
10-07-2012 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Anarch Cassius
Master

Likes Given: 19

No, that change is from when UOP files were added.

Now the UOP format has changed and the data is read incorrectly by most progams.

Current Projects: Necromancy SCP overhaul. Custom Faction AI/System. Imbuing.
10-14-2012 11:03 AM
Ben
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 2

SphereCommunity

ok so that explains why all my monsters where underground Smile I guess Ill have to go back into my UOP decoding to try and fix this issue.
Do you know from what version it changed?

AxisII's current version: 2.0.4j
AxisII SourceCode on Github
AxisII up to date changelog
10-14-2012 11:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Anarch Cassius
Master

I believe it was version 7.0.25.0 that introduced the changed. The guy at http://ruosi.org/ talks a bit about the changes. He's got a feud going with RunUO but he's never said anything about Sphere not being allowed to use his info Smile

10-15-2012 05:57 AM
Skul
Master

Likes Given: 0

To what I know, I had the same problems after patching fully, past client 7.0.13.x. I'm pretty sure the reason people say we should be using client 7.0.13.x or earlier for sphereserver is because of this problem. I noticed that I would 'fall' into the floor randomly while trying to run around on the map, but then using client 6.0.11.0 I wouldn't have a problem at all.

I was talking with Mordaunt and he was having the same problem. I told him to enable UseMapDiffs=1 in sphere.ini to solve it but since he was using the latest client from EA/OSI it wouldn't have an effect.

Ben, that's probably right what you have mentioned, everyone else figures it has something to do with the .uop extension too.

"I ask a question to the answer I already know."

Marchadium :: http://www.marchadium.ca/ :: Join us!
10-15-2012 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ben
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 2

SphereCommunity

OK, not to get everyone too excited, but I do believe I got all the info needed to fix the .uop support in Sphere (and AxisII also Smile)
I can't promise an exact date, but I have started working on it Wink

AxisII will take longer since there are more files to support then sphere, but it should fix the latest issues that were reported.

AxisII's current version: 2.0.4j
AxisII SourceCode on Github
AxisII up to date changelog
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 12:48 PM by Ben.)
10-17-2012 12:45 PM
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

Good news!

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
10-17-2012 01:03 PM
Anarch Cassius
Master

Excellent. So far I'm okay, Sphere doesn't need to know about anim and item data so I can even work with latest items. I just can't go to Tel Mur at the moment.

10-17-2012 01:31 PM
Rattlehead
Master

Likes Given: 3

okay, so i have been researching, i need to know whats up with some of these client versions, i would like to use the high seas clients, but looks like u guys were having trouble with it.

so

@Ben where do you guys stand on the uop support for 7.0.27.x clients as of the latest nightly builds? are we still falling thru floors and such with the 7.0.13+ clients?

the loginserver ip being hard coded, should be alot easier to get around than having to mess with the host file, having the players do it, is a very bad idea, 65% of ppl are just dumb as a box of rocks, no matter how elementary you make the instructions, they will find a creative way to make sure they have to reload their OS, and you will never convince them that its their own fault they have to reload, and they will be sure to tell everyone they come across that you fuct their PC up, and making something that will patch it for them sounds like a nightmare not only to produce but to package and make sure they run every correctly. in order to fool proof it, prolly be best to figure out where in the client the IP list is and hard code our own IP's over it, i have done it to other mmo clients recently with ollydbg (also learned alot of ASM over the past year and been using olly for longer patching things in other mmo's exe's Wink ) so im gonna see what it will take and hopefully be able to post a tut for the members here.
03-22-2013 06:48 PM
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 26

You can log into your server using the high seas client with no issues if you use a launcher. I usually just use razor since I often run multiple clients anyway.
I don't beleive there to be any issues currently with falling through the floor on the later clients and sphere fully supports the uop format for the later builds also.

[Image: 2nis46r.jpg]
03-22-2013 08:15 PM