Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SCP Break Down
Anarch Cassius
Master

Likes Given: 19

RE: SCP Break Down
Yeah, the SCP had a few good systems but they mostly existed before and/or carried on after. I still use something based on the combat engine from an early version of it.

Current Projects: Necromancy SCP overhaul. Custom Faction AI/System. Imbuing.
03-16-2016 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

Mine and Joes system. The one we gave to the community. It is nice isn't it?! Redid a lot in it. Trying to tweak it down later, but source matches EA for the MOST part right now. Not perfectly. But it is getting to where that code left off. Smile Xun and I are working on a bunch of new things atm and rebuilding base packs (Basically a sort of new SCP, but standardized to Sphere and EA (Biggest change being how things are named, removing DefName Templates and moving them to Templates... a lot actually. Controlling Loot via AI... it is fun atm!))
03-18-2016 08:12 PM
Anarch Cassius
Master

Likes Given: 19

Yeah, I love it. Especially since it meant my combat engine didn't change drastically when I updated Sphere. Aside from a few cases where I was actually relying on errors in Sphere syntax (which I had to clean up) it's still working great. Nowadays I could do it all in the source I guess but I sort of like the portability and easy of access of a scripted system... I wonder what the difference in performance looks like...

Current Projects: Necromancy SCP overhaul. Custom Faction AI/System. Imbuing.
03-19-2016 04:54 AM
Khaos
Master

Depends on everything going on. That combat system was as light weight as joe and I could get it at the time. There is a new trigger now that literally can do everything in that code in just that ONE trigger. Debating on seeing about a rewrite for it at some point. Too busy with base packs and working with Xun right now. Sad
03-19-2016 05:21 AM
scottyb
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Hi Khaos I noticed the Server Status on the main page is dead. Australia / Asia has no ultima server I was wondering if you needed a host as I am willing to host a dedicated server at an isp free of charge. I think this would be much better off hosted on 3 servers based in europe america and Australia all running the same script base ran by the community to give a lag free environment for everyone to play on. BTW I was the owner of Darklands Australia - a successful PVP shard back in the day.

Can anyone else get a decent host in america or Europe for this to be hosted on and all efforts channeled into? I would love to see the status page here filled with players and not just a dead link
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2016 09:47 PM by scottyb.)
03-25-2016 09:42 PM
Khaos
Master

Well, at the moment I am reworking the Base Packs sphere uses with a new Syntax for structuring which is moving along a lot faster than I thought. This would be ideal to host three base servers and we could possibly run the WRITE function for lists if people wanted to do Character transfers as well.

This is definitely something to keep in mind. Is there a way to reach you outside of the present forums?
03-26-2016 03:57 AM
namarang
Banned

Likes Given: 0

It's an interesting idea, I hope you succeed
12-13-2020 03:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply