Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's About Time...
Reflex
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

RE: It's About Time...
Uhm, isnt that easily done in the sphereskill.scp? Im not sure about individual items but im pretty sure you can make select groups of menus that appear once this level of skill is hit. I may be wrong but im pretty sure you can have items appear before said skill level is actually reached.
04-29-2012 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

You could. Anything is possible with the new servers. Even the old 55i that might have been possible with coding the actual menu's. That is why I am completely lost on this project starting up. I think it would have been easier for their group to learn the new code standards and just scripted the combat code for 51a. I scripted it in less than a day. Sorry the old forum's aren't around for everyone to grab the old script.
04-29-2012 03:53 PM
Fallout
Apprentice

Likes Given: 1

2khaos
I undestand what you mean... i never has a my own server... so it only for education purpose... about bugs and so on... it all can be fixed... mostly software has bugs and it is normal Smile So first of all i want to make stable LIL for 51a ( parallel will do my project about source code recovery for 51a ) and share my expiriance in binaries files analyze and code rewrite methods...

p.s: yeap for new users 56b sphere is better offcouse but i want to make something for oldshool guys too Smile
04-29-2012 04:18 PM
Khaos
Master

Fallout, that is my point though. You can make the new 56b literally replicate a 51a server. I admire you wanting to make the old server from scratch, but is it neccessary? I mean if you can take the new and replicate the old...?

I am not trying to bash what you are doing... just don't understand the logic I guess. Smile To each their own sir.
04-29-2012 04:45 PM
Valios
Super Moderator

Sphere Suite 2013

I haven't looked into the code you guys have yet, did you somehow recovered the old code or trying to create a replica from scratch?
I agree with khaos if your intentions are only to emulate an "improved version of 51a" on the other hand, if you're having fun and learning something new keep it on, the idea behind it is not that bad but you may know that you cannot run that project under the name of sphere, we cannot support it...
04-29-2012 05:13 PM
Khaos
Master

Supposedly Menasoft gave them rights to replicate, but I am not sure if that entails calling it a Sphere server. Saying it is a sphere is saying it uses sphere code which from what I am saw is entirely inaccurate. Then again, menasoft isn't really Sphere anymore. That would mean Menace and the original staff owned it. Damian owns sphere now... so who knows. I personally am not going to hinder their project. To each their own. Not like they are using our source code. More power to them Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 06:51 PM by Khaos.)
04-29-2012 05:15 PM
Fallout
Apprentice

Likes Given: 1

2Valios
I do not write Sphere from scratch i try to recovery source code from binaries... so first of all i disassemble it then analyze assembler code and rewrite it in pure C. ( yep original code writen in C++ but for recovery purpose C be better ).
04-29-2012 05:38 PM
Valios
Super Moderator

Sphere Suite 2013

I see, that's cool. The only advice I can give you is to rename the project, you can still use the same description if you want. So good luck, we have a section for code intechanging here just in case you want to share info with other members interested in what you're doing http://forum.spherecommunity.net/forumdi...php?fid=7. Just remember that dev team here cannot get involved, we are 56b defenders until a new and superior version comes out ofc.

Best regards
04-29-2012 06:52 PM
Khaos
Master

We can't help? Yes, actually we can. If one of us wants to help them and knows how to help them, then we have no binding contract that says we cannot work on their project. We just cannot release any source code or info from our builds.

So if you would like to help them Valios, go ahead.
04-30-2012 12:57 AM
x77x
Master

Fallout, check your email bud! =)

Dragons of Time 2000-2020
http://dragonsoftime.com
05-01-2012 09:56 AM