SphereCommunity
It's About Time... - Printable Version

+- SphereCommunity (https://forum.spherecommunity.net)
+-- Forum: Expired/Outdated Versions (/Forum-Expired-Outdated-Versions)
+--- Forum: Sphere 51a Help (/Forum-Sphere-51a-Help)
+--- Thread: It's About Time... (/Thread-It-s-About-Time)

Pages: 1 2 3

It's About Time... - x77x - 04-20-2012 01:51 AM

https://github.com/moonglow/oldsphere

RE: It's About Time... - admin phoenix - 04-23-2012 10:17 PM

what´s that?
someone has the code of 51a?

RE: It's About Time... - x77x - 04-24-2012 02:08 AM

read it... trying to recover the code

RE: It's About Time... - Fallout - 04-26-2012 11:41 PM

HI all,

After some hours of coding... now we can loads spheredefs files Smile Script Interpreter seems to work fine now.. CSCript and other base classes was recovered. Most hard work it is recovery class structure and give a names to class fields Wink

RE: It's About Time... - x77x - 04-27-2012 06:26 AM

well speak of the devil ....
>=)

RE: It's About Time... - mrkarlo - 04-27-2012 11:43 PM

hmm, ok thx! but what about 55i versions?

RE: It's About Time... - Fallout - 04-28-2012 12:47 AM

Heh this is really hard job.... and consume very much time ( need about 1 or years to finish it )... so i do not planned to do same thing with 55i, sorry.

BTW... i found a high level patch technic... so maybe we can see new LIL in future Smile and you will able do many thing ( rewrite class code and so on ) without assembler ! it be more safer then before!

Some examples...
Code:
void *CItem::CItem_Ctor( int id, void *pItemDef )
{
    void *result = 0;
    printf( "THIS %p ID=%d pItemDef=%p\r\n", this, id, pItemDef );

/* call real constructor */
    result = ((this)->**(CItem_CItem_Real))( id, pItemDef );

printf( "Item type = %d\r\n", this->item_type );
    return result;
}

So you can rewrite any method of 51a sphere and make call to other methods from your code too... Woot So if you do not like something in 51a you can write your own Smile

RE: It's About Time... - Anarch Cassius - 04-28-2012 05:53 AM

Can someone explain this to me in a way I can actually understand?

This sort of thing has always devolved in to "We want this" / "Too bad" in the past. Since have the go ahead, maybe I can finally understand why.

Is it just a matter of what you expect out of the box? The new versions seem far more flexible as far as what they can do if altered.

I'm just asking because I tend to have a some what old school view of how to handle the game mechanics but I don't see much advantage in doing in with older tools. EA's handling of their servers may have gone downhill but I never noticed a real loss of functionality in the server or client at any point.

RE: It's About Time... - Fallout - 04-28-2012 04:31 PM

Hm i do not realy fully undestand you... but i will try to explaine...
1. many peoples like old sphere game play...
2. my project can assist someone add new future to script engine, sphere logic and so on.
3. for it is first of all way to check some new tools and technics with reverse engenering.

p.s: i stop my UO development about 7 years ago... but all this 7 years many people ask me about 51a project and others... so i think some people like old school in 2012 too Smile

RE: It's About Time... - Khaos - 04-29-2012 01:39 PM

But... I have said this for YEARS... the server is backwards compatable if you script it to be so! I even released 51A combat system... using pre-uo:r up to uo:lbr in functionality.

I don't see the reason on bringing back a buggy server. If you are developing your own server, great. Still. You have the resources and options with Sphere.... with well over a decade of development by several talented developers.

Sorry, I just don't see the logic. The only thing I keep seeing is people not wanting to learn the new code standards honestly or putting in the effort to redo the combat system, skills, and spells... which is the only differences...

Why not just get a group of scripters together and make a completely 51a cloned coded server with the 56B servers...