Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

RE: Housing
Thanks Shaklaban, you dah man!

What am I working on?
04-03-2013 09:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 26

Update 2.0.2:

FIXED - Recurring problem with larger houses deleting their neighbors on demolish/redeed/decay
UPDATED - Old OBJ based script in favor of the REFS which were introduced after this script was originally written
FIXED - Problem whereby houses could not be bought via the sign if account_house_limit=0
FIXED - Deed not bouncing back to pack on invalid house placement
ADDED - Removed old placement checks in favor of something simpler (no piggies) house placement now runs 99% on hardcoded allowances, only close by multis are looked for by the script

I have spent the last 2 days overhauling chunks of this script, because this is such a large script there is the the chance that something may have become broken during the work.
I have tested it and thus far not been able to find any issues. If you DO find any bugs please report them in this thread and I will look into them

[Image: 2nis46r.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 09:44 AM by Mordaunt.)
04-04-2013 09:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

Well i could not successfully jack another house up, so that seems fixed

however ive noticed things though, old and new.

you can eject anyone on your screen from any distance of your house and bring them closer

when your not a gm, and you try to click on the sign, since its not t_sign_gump it doesnt tell you need to be on your doorstep, it just says nothing and seems broken.

i get this error on my console frequently

22:37:ERROR:(house_system.scp,467)Can't resolve <src.guild>
22:37:ERROR:(house_system.scp,467)Undefined symbol ''

( i did no change anything so line 467 is accurate to the latest download)
Code:
"if (<src.guild>==<ref1.tag0.is_guild>)"

You can Eject staff members

you should make it so that houses have to have atleast 1 tile between them, so people can move freely between houses. someone could make a ring of small houses aorund your castle and block you from getting in.

bank is muted anywhere not inside the housing system

gms banks get opened everywhere when they say bank (somewhat frustrating)

What am I working on?
04-06-2013 01:00 PM
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Quote:Well i could not successfully jack another house up, so that seems fixed

however ive noticed things though, old and new.

you can eject anyone on your screen from any distance of your house and bring them closer
Fixed

Quote:when your not a gm, and you try to click on the sign, since its not t_sign_gump it doesnt tell you need to be on your doorstep, it just says nothing and seems broken.
Works for me... you have to be close enough otherwise you get the cannot reach that message, just outside the house zone the normal sign gump comes up bearing the name of the house...

Quote:i get this error on my console frequently

22:37:ERROR:(house_system.scp,467)Can't resolve <src.guild>
22:37:ERROR:(house_system.scp,467)Undefined symbol ''

( i did no change anything so line 467 is accurate to the latest download)
Code:
"if (<src.guild>==<ref1.tag0.is_guild>)"
Fixed

Quote:You can Eject staff members
Fixed

Quote:you should make it so that houses have to have atleast 1 tile between them, so people can move freely between houses. someone could make a ring of small houses aorund your castle and block you from getting in.
Fixed

Quote:bank is muted anywhere not inside the housing system

gms banks get opened everywhere when they say bank (somewhat frustrating)
This is normal sphere behaviour (for GM) you have always been able to open your back anywhere...
[edit]As for players... oops.. have a return 1 where it should be return 0[/edit]

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 04:05 AM by Mordaunt.)
04-07-2013 03:53 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

i have a new src.guild error for you Smile

14:20:ERROR:(house_system.scp,473)Can't resolve <src.guild>
14:20:ERROR:(house_system.scp,473)Undefined symbol ''

Code:
                if (<src.guild>==<ref1.tag0.is_guild>)

I know that banks could be opened anywhere by gms, however usually just saying the speech "bank" didnt open it. usually it was opened by .bankself or .bank. not that this is even really an issue, it just is inconvenient for me, if someone asks me a question and the answer includes the word bank, and it just opens my bank up Tongue

with the sign, as an gm (who is always an owner) it says a message "you must be standing on your doorstep to access the house menu" but as a hosue owner player you never ever get this message. because by the time your close enough to use it, youre on your doorstep. so the only way for a player to figure out you have to be on your doorstep to use your own house sign, is by trial and error. its lead to a couple pages because people think its just broken. i can see where it needs fixxings, i just thought i might bring it up, because a player will never see the "you must be on your doorstep to access the menu" message, which i assume you meant for them to see Tongue cause you put it in.

What am I working on?
04-07-2013 05:12 AM
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Update 2.0.4:

Fixes:
Other house commands being muted outside of the house, now can be spoken as normal but obviously minus the effect
Problem with NPCs triggering guild checks and causing console errors (soulless)

Previous version from today

Update 2.0.3:

Fixes:
Guild stone issue that was broken during the overhaul
Players can no longer eject staff members from their houses
Players can no longer "eject" someone no inside the house region
Banking being prevented outside of the house by erroneous RETURN 1
Increased buffer zone between houses to prevent houses being placed together to create a barrier

04-07-2013 09:47 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

So far no issues, im keeping my fingers crossed Smile

What am I working on?
04-08-2013 01:41 PM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

one of my gms said he was running by a random house and it "sucked him into it". im not sure what to make of this. i dont have anything else to add to this, he gave me little to no information.

What am I working on?
04-08-2013 06:34 PM
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

I don't see why it would... give him a slap and tell him to lay off the weed Wink

04-08-2013 10:02 PM
Runcuks
Journeyman

Likes Given: 5

Hi, Could someone give me blank server where this housing system is working? Becouse i can't get server where this system is working i just can't see houses i only see sign ...
Thanks.
04-19-2013 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply