Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fluorescence Preview
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

Fluorescence Preview
Looks like that there is a downloadable preview of this unofficial client !

http://fluorescence-client.org/

Of course there are bugs and bugs but it looks very interesting Big Grin
07-06-2012 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

RE: Fluorescence Preview
Downloaded it, tested... its bugged :/
No chance to play with it.

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
07-06-2012 11:29 AM
Skul
Master

Likes Given: 0

sweet.

"I ask a question to the answer I already know."

Marchadium :: http://www.marchadium.ca/ :: Join us!
07-07-2012 03:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
admin phoenix
Master

Likes Given: 1

yes, has no chance to start it.
using win7 64bit and the latest nightly sphere
07-08-2012 11:33 PM
spin
Apprentice

I have not yet tested it with Sphere, my development platform is RunUO. But supporting Sphere is of course important, so I'm thankful for any information about problems connecting to sphere. What exactly are the errors that occur, and at which point (log file might be helpful to determine this)? The latest version of fluorescence (auto-updater!) should conform to the protocol used in the last SA clients (7.0.7).

Phoenix, Extreme, it would be great if you could give me more details about your problems in the bug tracker at http://code.google.com/p/fluorescence/issues/list. A bug not reported is a bug I can't fix Wink

[ note: I'm the author of fluorescence ]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 01:23 AM by spin.)
07-09-2012 01:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

(07-09-2012 01:23 AM)spin Wrote:  I have not yet tested it with Sphere, my development platform is RunUO. But supporting Sphere is of course important, so I'm thankful for any information about problems connecting to sphere. What exactly are the errors that occur, and at which point (log file might be helpful to determine this)? The latest version of fluorescence (auto-updater!) should conform to the protocol used in the last SA clients (7.0.7).

Phoenix, Extreme, it would be great if you could give me more details about your problems in the bug tracker at http://code.google.com/p/fluorescence/issues/list. A bug not reported is a bug I can't fix Wink

[ note: I'm the author of fluorescence ]
Hi buddy, nice job.
When walking, if you turn in warmode, the animation stucks and you walk sliding...
Every 3 or 5 steps, you stop walking then continue...
I really like your project but its unplayable, yet... like Iris2 :/

PS: I downloaded the win32 binary in your google code project, tested with UO ML. (You don't say what version of UO we need use, what client, etc...)

Edit: ok, downloaded the updater then tested with UO SA (7.x) and work better than before, the bug of turning warmode while walking disappear, but we are in the beginning, I would like to see your project in future, if you need help to adapt it to sphere, of course you will have our help. (crashed after 2min walking in serpents hold :/)

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 02:19 AM by Extreme.)
07-09-2012 01:50 AM
Anarch Cassius
Master

Likes Given: 19

I really feel like a 3d client is the best way to go. Iris2 is open source and has many models done. I'm wondering if maybe we could revive or port the 3d aspect of their client. I can't do this alone but I could help if there is interest on your side and with what's left of Iris2.

If I can't have 3d and the equipment flexibility it provides then my next biggest issues with the current client are:

1) Seasons. Iris2 lets us redefine the graphic swaps. Contrary to popular belief Winter COULD like right in 95% of areas and acceptable in the rest... the swaps just were never finished. I'd like to see this fixed in Fluorescence.

2) The hardcode menus. Spellbooks, combat book, the skillmenu. The wind up getting rewritten as GUMPs which can be laggy.
07-09-2012 06:01 AM
spin
Apprentice

The client is still in a very early alpha stage, so of course there are some bugs and unimplemented features. The main goals for this preview release were to see if the client is actually working on other computers, and to get some bug reports and maybe some development help. It is not intended to be a fully playable client yet.
Glad to hear it worked better with SA, which is also my development platform. Once the client reaches a more playable state compatibility to other UO versions and emulators gets more and more important; right now my focus is on implementing new features. But if you encounter bugs that are linked to specific emulators (or any other bugs, for that matter) please report them to the bug tracker at http://code.google.com/p/fluorescence/issues/list . Otherwise it is quite hard for me to keep track of all open issues. And of course I'm also glad to include patches.

Going 3d is one of the things I do not intend to do. I think that the big graphical makeovers of most new clients is what made them unpopular. Lots of people stick to UO because it looks charming, and familiar. So I'm trying to keep that UO feeling and only introduce enhancements to that. Furthermore, there is very good tool support for the classic client, and people are used to creating new content for it.

For the other 2 suggestions, I have better news for you Wink
A config file to swap seasons is already planned, but not implemented yet. I feel that this is really one feature lots of people are missing in the OSI client.
The user interface is already fully soft-coded. You can find the XML definitions in the gumps folder, and modify them as you like. There is some documentation available at http://code.google.com/p/fluorescence/wiki/XMLGumpMenus ; but the format is very likely to be improved in the near future.

http://fluorescence-client.org - A free, customizable Ultima Online client [ in development ]
07-09-2012 09:11 PM
Anarch Cassius
Master

Likes Given: 19

What's nice about 3d is how easily you can use models as attachments. It makes equipment a lot easier to work with. When I found out UO:KR wasn't even 3d I facepalmed hard.

Very good to hear about the other stuff though.

I look forward to seeing this develop.
07-10-2012 06:02 AM
Valios
Super Moderator

Sphere Suite 2013

Interesting stuff spin, I haven't tried it yet but it does look promising. Keep us updated about the progress of this project and welcome to our forums Smile
07-11-2012 06:05 AM