Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Eternal Pledge (Slow Progression.)
Sypheris
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Eternal Pledge (Slow Progression.)
Hi everyone, Name is Colton. (Sypheris) in game.. I played on E.P. back in the day when it was created by the originall dev/owner. Not long after playing the server i asked if i could help GM for his server. This was back in 2004.. Not long after the server had be hacked and everything was removed ingame. I liked the server quite a lot, it had a very vast game play. And was quite fun. I asked if i could take over the server, he agreed and moved on. I fixed it up to what it used to be and opened it up in 05 and i beleive we only had it up for a year or so. It had a decent player base, roughly 20 active online steady. Ever since it went down i was kinda dissapointed and always wanted to put it back up. Over the years i've slowly worked on it here and there... Getting extra scripting help from who i can... (i am not a "master" scripter but i can tweak scripts and add things if i need to..)

Anyways, i've got quite a bit of content into the server already. I'm still slowly adding and tweaking things. Just thought id post this up as i've noticed some disccusion of lack of sphere servers online. I dont take credit for a lot of the script ( Admin Soulless ) was a big help, But alot of scripts are "custom" as you will or atleast i haven't seen them or the ideas out there..

Anyways just wanted to introduce my self, i was decently active on "sphereserver.net" and only just recently found out that this was re-created. (thought the sphere community was done for good...glad its not) I'll post any new things that i have worked on and have worked on in this thread. (sorry if this is the wrong spot admins)

Flame away! ha.

Loginserver=96.50.241.32,2593
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 07:20 AM by Sypheris.)
06-01-2012 03:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: Eternal Pledge (Slow Progression.)
welcome back !
06-01-2012 07:49 AM
Sypheris
Journeyman

Thanks! Hope to get more recognized as time goes on.

Just Finished up tweaking an Imbue script (Soulless made) I made the option so when players find the imbue, they have the option of doing 1 of 2 things, They can eithor apply the imbue *color* to the weapon or leave the weapon's color the way they originally had it. This way, it doesn't mess up players "Color scheme's" It will still apply the imbue to the weapon just giving the players a choice. Upon applying the imbue it will show a little overview of the imbue *how much extra dmg it does* and just the level of imbue. (This will also give the weapon a little more value and *rare ness* if the weapon is to be colored)

Here is the small overview of what it looks like.

[Image: rareelesystem.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 08:56 AM by Sypheris.)
06-01-2012 08:53 AM
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

oh god.. any sphere shard !!! haha i wana play -- note US server please ^_^
06-07-2012 12:58 AM
Sypheris
Journeyman

Just a few more pictures of ingame menu's. Level system is on the left, Simple Player stats is the middle, RIght is just show a small overview of the chat system, with players on.

[Image: menus.png]
06-07-2012 01:34 AM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

nice job Big Grin
06-07-2012 02:21 AM
dagger4k
Journeyman

looks good. Do you think you should have consistency throughout the gump menus? maybe incorporate a logo of the shard / some art. Good functionality -- from what i can see ^_^
06-07-2012 12:24 PM
Sypheris
Journeyman

If i knew how to do that i would... The "Art/Logo" part. I didn't want every menu to look the same, i wanted to keep things differen't. Everytime you get to see something different. Might not look the cleanest but atleast it shows that there is a bit of "random" if you will to the server, never wanted a server that is all one thing. ( I appreciate everyone with suggetions and compliments and always look for new ideas or help in anyway) thanks.

This is the starting menu, gives you 3 skills to select upon when making your character... (I know this might look cheap and lame, but its all i had back in the day for web hosting) http://www.freewebs.com/eternalpledge/

[Image: starting.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 02:40 PM by Sypheris.)
06-07-2012 02:37 PM
dagger4k
Journeyman

first impressions count.. especially now days when people will simply close the browser if they arn't enticed within the first few seconds. Things like similar colour scheme, font, layout all play a MAJOR role in a successful website and game. I know that it is an old website but, food for thought Smile

also i'm not sure if you are using a program for gumps. Dialog Studio is very good. It was built for Runuo but someone (add name Smile ) added a sphere adon. Very useful.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 03:14 PM by dagger4k.)
06-07-2012 03:11 PM
Sypheris
Journeyman

Yeah im not really worried about having a good website, i wont be using that one i don't think. (i was just showing that i did have something back in the day ha) I'm still aways from opening. Hmm Just gumps. Interesting, i should check it out...
06-07-2012 03:32 PM