Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your server hardware
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: Your server hardware
how fast is the internet connection in Guantanamo ?
12-14-2013 02:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

28k Sad
but...

it's hard to see through the black hood anyways.... and the monitor only has one color, which is green, but i guess that's okay, cause it's the only light in the room, which keeps me from seeing the rats, then again it's hard to see what kinda food im eating, but after all they slide it through the crack in the door so i suppose id rather not see it.

What am I working on?
12-14-2013 11:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Soulless's post
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

SSD Is nice if you are not doing a lot of writing to the drive and deleting. I just use it to maintain the static programs. Otherwise they do lose integrity (which people seem to forget). Always use HDD for storage and writing to.

Your system is fine. You don't need a fancy graphics card unless you need it for a game; which most stock are good enough anymore. Anything better you better be doing 3D animations Smile. Your rig seems more than fine for most things on for a computer gaming/server wise.

The monitor doesn't make a difference. Smile Unless you need it to make a difference. Buy a new one though if it is only giving off green light lol.

PS Avoid the rats.
12-14-2013 11:56 PM
[+] 1 user Likes Khaos's post
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

yeah, i actually re soldered the connections that looked iffy on my 8800 gts and the overcocked it after reapplying a new layer of arctic 5. so the video card is good to go now. i think im actually content with the pc. i shouldnt need to update for a few years. i can run most things on ulta with no problem now that i got my card working again. but im prob going to just use a cheaper dedicated server for my uo server

speaking OF... i decided to scrap my old server idea. right now im going to go with... something i call.... UO: WARGAMES! it's just going to be a bunch of mini games and you can build your character up! straight up pvp. ill get rid of gold, and use battlepoints as the currency. i feel like it would be fun to make, and id eventually have to make bots, so taht would be really fun too

What am I working on?
12-15-2013 04:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 26

so... you overcocked it eh?... well each to their own.

[Image: 2nis46r.jpg]
12-15-2013 09:28 AM
[+] 1 user Likes Mordaunt's post
Zyrioth
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Hey guys!

Im reviving this post like a sadistic necromancer cause im reviving my server building thoughts same way...

My last attemp to finish this task was 10 years ago but i think i may have better results now as an older dev than before as enthusiast loool

All in all i would be asking things here and there as i need to put train back on tracks...

First things firts... What config should i go for good server? Ive plenty cpus and spare parts to build one but i dont want to build anything that oversized that would be quite a deluxe heater...

Thx in advance!

PS: i was unable to recover my old acct =/
07-01-2022 02:00 PM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

If you have not already joined the discord, I would join it, we check these forums much less frequently now that it's available.

https://discord.gg/ZrMTXrs

What am I working on?
07-17-2022 07:11 PM