Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
No Update since ....
Valios
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 0

Sphere Suite 2013

RE: No Update since ....
@Extreme do you really believe it? It also says that the server is actually online...
@phoenix if we aren't taking care of this you wouldn't be here.
07-18-2012 06:27 AM
Find all posts by this user
admin phoenix
Master

Likes Given: 1

so you are not the chief devs *g*
forgive me Smile
07-18-2012 06:27 AM
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

Actually I am the chief dev since Cube is gone. Smile So unless he comes back or anyone else above me; ie Damian or Torfo comes into the picture... if I am the only one active that leaves me to be the Lead and only dev Smile. Though ShiryuX is a dev everyone keeps saying he is missing now too.
Legally. According to the contract, I cannot release the code. Though I am going to look it over for the hiring process. If I can hire, I will. If I hire anyone they have to sign that same contract. Violating that contract can mean a lawsuit from Damian if and when he returns. That I can tell you now. IE You cannot distribute code, show code snippets, or talk about the infrastructure to non-devs. You cannot go rogue or change the emulater name, etc. It's a ton of legal jargin, but I can get to the bottom of it and do hiring if it allows.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 06:42 AM by Khaos.)
07-18-2012 06:40 AM
Wap
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

UORPG.net

This is really bad. Sad Sphere is loosing "war" with RunUO and if we want to save the community(with real living shards on 0.56b), we need to do something.
Since about a year ago MrSugarCube stopped regular support of Sphere, we need at least something about basical support, bug fixes etc.
This summer I also would like to help with Sphere support, but for accessing to Sphere code, Sphere team, including MrSugarCube and Torfo must agree with you. But nobody know contacts of MrSugarCube and Torfo(or doesn't write its). It is wonderful. Smile

But I have other questing(to khaos / ShiryuX). When have MrSugarCube and Torfo seen last time?
07-18-2012 06:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Valios
Super Moderator

Sphere Suite 2013

April-May
07-18-2012 06:59 AM
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

Maybe longer than that. I think I can do the hiring. Still looking over things. It is normally just a decision between dev's. Anyone in the community have any C++ experience? How much experience do you have? Any other programming languages known? Post here and I will see what I can do. I DO have Torfo's and Cube's ICQ and emails... Again... Torfo is MIA and Cube never responds... it's just us.
07-18-2012 07:39 AM
Valios
Super Moderator

Sphere Suite 2013

You should create a new thread for that Tongue
07-18-2012 08:34 AM
Wap
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

UORPG.net

About me(Wap / Mirravin). I'm not a programmer and don't have C++ knowledge. Yes, LOL. Why in this situation I would like to join your team?
I'm planning to learn C++ if I will get access to Sphere code. Nobody is born with C++ knowlegde. Smile I'm studiing in Medicine I'm not guilty, that I'm not a programmer. Smile Yes, in the beggining I will can't fix / override network and other complicate things, but Sphere have some problems, that is fixable by "1 line", for exaple this: http://tracker.sphere.torfo.org/bugs/view.php?id=1899
Also, I have personal motivation to useable 0.56b and living shard for real testing. So I won't left you while I'm working on my project(uorpg.net; incomlete English version en.uorpg.net). But I'm working from 2008 and shard is running from 2010(closed test from 2009)(shard is running on Nightlies).
Yes, I'm not the an ideal candidate, but I suggest you to think about this because now you don't have active programmers at all. What is the sense of good programming skills if the man is not active? Smile

Also, I know one man in the Russian community, forestwars.ru admin, who was finding ShiryuX / MrSugarCube to help with Sphere development, but stop this, because couldn't get any answer. I think, he has C++ knowledge, but I don't know details. I will send him a link to this topic.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 08:53 AM by Wap.)
07-18-2012 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Anarch Cassius
Master

Likes Given: 19

Last time this came up I didn't, but now I do in fact have C++ experience. I've been working with Cocos2d-x (the C++ port of Cocos2d) for cross-platform game development. I also know Python, Ruby (with or without Rails), PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL, and of course SphereScript. Python is probably my best. I've been working with C++ for over a year, and in C-based languages for a few years.

I'm ready to kill some bugs Smile
07-18-2012 09:21 AM
RanXerox
Master

Likes Given: 1

I've been writing in C languages since the 80's
07-18-2012 10:23 AM
Thread Closed