Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Sphere shards....
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

No Sphere shards....
Someone should really look into making a decent sphere style shard.. Currently there are none out there that utilise the unique style of pvp. Yes there are 51a shards and even some AOS type clones. There is definitely a gap in the market for a shard like this and if done properly will easily have 50+ players on launch.

Also by proper sphere pvp i mean. TAR, Santiago, Mythik, Coldfire, Gardiasca, Wasteland UO, UO quartz... so many more. All of these shards had their own take but all were great shards..

What I am getting at is, If someone is looking to make a shard, and currently has the time, this is a good option!

PS. Location would have to be in the US for peak international play!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 02:01 PM by dagger4k.)
05-10-2012 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Valios
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 0

Sphere Suite 2013

RE: No Sphere shards....
I'm sure that new shards will emerge and some others will reborn once we finish our work here for the new script pack and tools.
05-11-2012 02:55 AM
Reflex
Journeyman

I'm busting my ass trying to open my shard but I cant find any scripters willing to help. Ive been working on this shard for many months and we already have an existing international player base from my previous shard. So stay tuned ladies and gents uorage.net Smile Our shard will be a mixture of OSI Economy and PVM with Sphere51a / UORage style pvp no ones ever created a shard that is both a mixture of sphere and osi so its going to be awesome sauce is all im saying Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 09:15 AM by Reflex.)
05-11-2012 09:14 AM
dagger4k
Journeyman

my point of view is still the same. nothing can beat the fast paced, line of sight sphere fizzle pvp.
05-11-2012 03:43 PM
Reflex
Journeyman

Yea, ours is a LOS based pvp some what dependent upon scrolls/potions/weapons/magery..

in our pvp this is what is required to pvp succesfully.

Armors
Weapons
Scrolls, FS,Light,gheal,magic reflect, etc etc
Potions
Mount
Bola
Pedals, oranage, etc.
bandages
05-11-2012 04:03 PM
dagger4k
Journeyman

yeah i've played 51a before =[ no fizzle
05-11-2012 07:57 PM
Jonaleth
Apprentice

I am acually working on a shard that was up once upon a time; The Dark Ages. I've lost all my crewmembers however, so if there are anyone who'd be interested in helping finnish my project I'd be happy.

Anyone who're a fan of RP, and PVP. Smile
05-12-2012 05:52 AM
AngryLocomotive
Apprentice

Haven't seen any new sphere shard lately. Have tried most of those Russian 55i sphere shard, wasn't too excited. Plus they should quite that damn 'Russification' (that what they call it) i mean they make everything in Russian. Guys common, not only Russians like Sphere.

I'd be joining Pre-AOS shard.

Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge WTF!

I am not into UO history a lot, but could someone explain for dummy like me, when did they added that damn pre-cast, thing when you couldn't move wile you were casting the spell? I would like to know more about the PVP changes between UO eras. Like T2A shards still had pre-cast and some UO:LBR did not. I mean i am confused little bit. The thing is, i born in one particular shard, that had amazing pvp that i am used to and i will never accept anything else, so i just want to find out things that would help me to look for a similar shard around the net. If one exist.

I am just a Player.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 06:40 AM by AngryLocomotive.)
05-17-2012 06:24 AM
evening
Journeyman

Finally Land

I choose sphere0.51A

I want someone to repair it
05-17-2012 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dagger4k
Journeyman

From what I have heard / read over the years the reason why sphere utilises the run/cast/los/fizzle pvp was originally due to a bug in the system. However pre-casting has been a significant part to the main OSI / pret2a / t2a / newer shards. This is why there is more of a following for pre-casting..

This also significantly plays into the mindset of developers. Yes there is the fact of open / close source and C# / sphere scripting. But when players hear runuo they assume pre-casting or an OSI type shard and when they hear sphere its the 56b(55i) or 51a style.

As for similar shards to that of a 56b shard... there are some rumours of gardiasca coming back online.. theres also some speculation of 56b style pvp on a runuo base.

Its definitely getting to the end of UO =[
05-22-2012 11:47 PM