Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Sphere shards....
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: No Sphere shards....
I don't understand this "end of uo " attitude .

I think that most of unofficial shards's admin still continue to create osi/old style shard that,well, doesn't attract a new fresh players .

And a new fresh,clean players base is what ultima online need, and i don't think they can be attracted to a gameplay that is 8-10 years old,even if at that times it was very funny.

But now it's an old idea, and with our super sphere emulator we can create a lot of customizzable things,so let's start to create them Big Grin
05-23-2012 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

its the same thing again and again... people trying to re-create osi.. if you want to play osi or pre-t2a goto hybrid or the second age.. someone should re-create TAR, Santiago, Mythic... do it.
05-24-2012 07:30 PM
admin phoenix
Master

as I can see the german community is very small now.
it is hard for me to create a new sphere shard.
the last players we have in germany are playing on old shards and don´t want to change the shard because they have to start new.
for me it is very important for a new shard to represent very new good features.
if you don´t have it you don´t have a chance to gain ground there.
at the moment we exhaust sphere.
we have a char creation via homepage. we have a completly new spell/magic system, over 5k new items and gumps and totaly regulate the chars over the sql databank.
next step is an own paperdoll with new layers with the custom uo client (don´t need the hardcoded one).
I think I can say that we are one of the best shard in matter of technic in germany and we want to go in the open beta in 2 weeks but no one care of it.
we advertising our shards on german uo sites but as I said.
no one care of us because our developing time was to long (1,5 years) and mostly they are playing on their old shards for years.

I am a little bit worried about the things and the future of uo.
And it is very hard that from one day to another day sphereserver.net was closed and no one knows anything about it and the future of sphere.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012 07:55 PM by admin phoenix.)
05-24-2012 07:52 PM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

Dont' give up !!!Big Grin

I worry about that problem too, sometimes i think that is better to stop to "nationalize" the shards and just put it "european-wide"
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012 09:48 PM by darksun84.)
05-24-2012 09:43 PM
admin phoenix
Master

same thinking of me but then we have to translate all the concepts and our homepage... that´s to much now.
for this we need a person which speaks perfect english Wink
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012 10:07 PM by admin phoenix.)
05-24-2012 10:07 PM
dagger4k
Journeyman

ok this is getting very bad.. 0 sphere 56b shards that replicate the 56b gameplayer.. 0! someone should work on something.. not 51a. not 56b OSI clone, not 56b t2a, AOS etc..

REAL SPHERE !!!!!
06-07-2012 12:59 AM
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

(05-24-2012 10:07 PM)admin phoenix Wrote:  same thinking of me but then we have to translate all the concepts and our homepage... that´s to much now.
for this we need a person which speaks perfect english Wink

Or you can just put a link to google translate in your website.
But, if you use your native language in game, its socks...
I`m brazilian, but I always use english in game, because anyone of anywhere can play...

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
06-07-2012 02:36 AM
gurud7i
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

If you build it they will come. I am down to two emu's that Ill use to run my server / shard. I would like to say that my idea's are new and unique - and Im sure theyve already been tried somewhere.

Once I can get Sphere to login properly and access the commands available to the admin then Ill be ready to give it a go. I will say that each map is uniquely different, the towns , economy, factions are entirely different.

I am in the testing stage of how I want it to work. It is also my goal to load the server on ubuntu, oel, or other debian o/s. (right now its on windows - yuk). Ill be making more posts as I work with this install and finalizing the setup....

If you build it, they will come...
06-07-2012 06:37 AM
Sypheris
Journeyman

The only problem i found with having a bunch of different maps.... It's to much content or area and not enough players... 1 map is already enough and most players don't ever even go to other towns. Unless you utilize each city/town and make it uniquie or even better yet, useful... there is no point in having more then one map. Just my 2 bits. Bigger area/less players makes for a shard that will die slowly. Players need to interact and be able to see others actually play. But we need to find players.. thats key.
06-07-2012 07:17 AM
Jonaleth
Apprentice

I totally agree, and have experiance with it as well. I say use the orginial map, and edit it if needed to fit your lore to your server. And if races, why not change Trinsic and Britain, and have two rival races that fight eachother. The more players the server get, you can expand and open up new areas, and new factions or allies... I think that is the way to go. Start small and expand in tact with the player growth.
06-08-2012 04:31 PM