SphereCommunity
.mul back to .uop ? - Printable Version

+- SphereCommunity (https://forum.spherecommunity.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UOP/Mul Editing (/Forum-UOP-Mul-Editing)
+--- Thread: .mul back to .uop ? (/Thread-mul-back-to-uop)

Pages: 1 2

.mul back to .uop ? - Kyrbis - 08-11-2012 12:05 PM

Hi there.
I'm doing some map making and already noticed that i have to convert the map.uop files from Uo classic to .mul. But....(yeah you surely know what i want now) ...how can i change them back to actually use the files?
I am far away from really using the stuff i work on (since it is yet crap^^) but i'd like to know how i'll be able to use it.
I'd be thankful for every help and hint.
thanks so far guys

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Skul - 08-16-2012 01:32 AM

multool and michaelangelo, one of those to what I remember. Then again that might be .uop to .mul. If neither of those work for you, try downloading Mulbuilder Beta 1 (not Beta 2). You might have some luck with that. http://www.ryandor.com also has some good info and tools for map editting.

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Kyrbis - 08-16-2012 01:48 AM

Well from .uop to the old .mul is no problem. but since ultima online classic uses .uop files for the map i'd like to have my edited map.mul files back to .uop to use it with the classic client.
Since i did not find a solution for that yet (i'll have a look at what you proposed) i thought about converting all the files I use with the classic client, convert the .uop's to .mul and use them with an older Ultima online 2D client version , but I'm afraid this will screw things up.

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Shaklaban - 08-16-2012 02:23 AM

as i know there is some format changes about some files (tiledata mul maybe). older clients can't read new tiledata mul and older tiledata mul get crash with new files because of new items.

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Valios - 08-16-2012 05:04 AM

Wyatt from RUOSI released yesterday his Ultima SDK dll with the UOP file format support including the source code and now I'm trying to modify the latest version of UOFiddler to make it work with it so we can use it for client versions higher than 7.0.24.0.
He said that by overriding the old Ultima.dll file with the new one and changing the path of the modified files in UOFiddler was enough to solve the issue and run the program as usual but that is not the case. Fiddler is returning errors and that is why I'm digging into the code of uofiddler, already imported his dll source and I'm running into some sort of problems but I pretend to get it working at least for the reading part, patching will be disabled now since the writing is not that easy for the actual format, at least for me.

I'm attaching the zip to the post just in case anyone else want to take a look personally. Uofiddler is located at the download section and it does include the source code also.

At the moment I do not recommend to patch your client above 7.0.23.1

Best regards

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Kyrbis - 08-16-2012 05:40 AM

Hum,okay i see.
Where can i get a version of 7.0.23.1 ?
Since i already updated to 7.0.24 :/

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Valios - 08-16-2012 10:16 AM

Google for "uoclassicsetup_7_0_15_1.exe" and you'll probably find some working direct downloads or torrents. I'm actually downloading it from this website (http://www.playerattack.com/file/8650/Ultima-Online---Classic-Client-v7.0.15.1/).
I don't remember well but I think that the way UO is doing the patching is quite different now, the old trick was to stop the patcher at the desired version, in this case it would be "7.0.23.x".

There are some curious changes with the latests ..25.x and ..26.x versions and I'm pretty sure that this is not going to stop here.

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Kyrbis - 08-16-2012 04:56 PM

I thank you alot sir! Smile

All of you, of course, since you kindly always answer questions and help the users of this forum. Just had to say this.

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - Valios - 08-16-2012 09:37 PM

The installation file was corrupt in the previous link I posted, but this one did work for me http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/93016/ultima-online-classic-client-v7-0-15-1

For everyone who is MUL editing I do not recommend to go over 7.0.23 yet.

RE: .mul back to .uop ? - htid4life - 08-16-2012 10:10 PM

@valios

i got it from there and it worked fine from the first link u sent