SphereCommunity

Full Version: Generally, why is the forum so empty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this forum somewhat new?

I find it strange it's actually very active, and you tend to get responses to your questions, comments and posts within 24 hours. But yet, the forum itself seems pretty lacking on overall posts?

I just came back to the SphereServer world a few months ago, I know we used to have a huge forum with tons of members years and years ago. Of course, that is all long gone/lost.

I, and I'm sure everyone else here who remembers, misses those days. I hope we can regain it here on our new(er) SphereCommunity site!

Right now I'm very deep into some heavy development, I'm trying to basically "reinvision" Ultima Online and I'm rewriting a lot of the core functions of the standard game. But, once I start having some presentable products, I'll start sharing my scripts with you all.

If you guys wouldnt mind the suggestion, while I like the simple ease of use of SShare, we need a forum we can post our scripts in so people can read/reply/comment. SShare works great for providing a place to download scripts, but it's not very useful for the scripter who needs feedback. Smile
This forum, i think it was created in the 2010, but started to be active around March/April of this year after the main forum went down.

But i think there are more people now than last year Big Grin
Well, here's hoping it grows! I still think Sphere is one of the best emulators out there. Sure, it has a few hardcoded issues that have probably been around since TUS. But when it boils down to it, I've always found Sphere the easiest to pickup, and just as advanced as the others if you're willing to learn all the ins and outs of scripting.
I agree with you Big Grin
You can post your scripts to receive feedback.
I remember TUS... no cursors, no tags, no scripted spells. We've come a long way.

What I find for posting scripts is to put them in the archive if they are functional at all since they tend to drown out a thread. Then people can just discuss relavant bits after downloading it from the link. If it's short and/or incomplete just post to the thread.
Reference URL's