Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
undefined packet sphere 56b and 56c exploding.
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

RE: undefined packet sphere 56b and 56c exploding.
Hello, I had the same problem with the laptop when I run the server without an Internet connection.

Code:
11: 39: WARNING: 26: Unknown game packet (0x2e) received.

I solved this by installing the Microsoft loopback adapter. I use the latest version of sphere 56.d and the latest version of UO, client: 7.0.60.47 2D installation. After installing the loopback, the problem has faded away.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 02:49 AM by golfin.)
12-21-2017 02:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes golfin's post
Llirik
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

UO Forum

Coruja, you can write on C++ in the Sphere 56c this fix from 56d (only this fix!). Because we stay on 56c! Please, please, please!!!
02-22-2019 02:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
xrambo
Apprentice

Coruja hi firstly,
My sphere packet attack or injection attack problem.
G defenders writing to this problem. and i collect to 2 screenshots (live)

Example 1:
95.10.183.39 ips to banned player. and hackers new open account. And sphere 56b crash. // Login seyfo attacker.

[Image: 9aAWRO.jpg]

Example 2:
95.10.23.173 ip is blocked to first seyfo ip's. hacker is not join to game and change ip. (sphere 56c test).
Malatyalee join to server 176.55.58.122 ip's . and i say again to test crash (hacker). and malatyalee is writing bye. and sphere crash.

[Image: 16Ba2b.jpg]

i think this problem fix to .dll document or c++ (other admins to fix and not publish)

and now 0 online and i'm closed to server.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019 09:59 AM by xrambo.)
02-27-2019 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

Players use a changing IP address. It will be a problem. I think.
02-28-2019 06:42 AM
Llirik
Journeyman

UO Forum

Coruja, Coruja, Coruja!)
03-02-2019 04:02 AM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

(02-22-2019 02:20 AM)Llirik Wrote:  Coruja, you can write on C++ in the Sphere 56c this fix from 56d (only this fix!). Because we stay on 56c! Please, please, please!!!

unfortunately 56c is not under development anymore because sphere development works using milestones stages, and not splitted versions. Eg: when 56c reach an specific milestone, it got released as "final version" and the development continues now renamed to 56d. There's no 56c and 56d development at the same time, and using 56d is already the same as use an "updated 56c" (which probably is what you're looking for), so if you want the latest fixes/features it's recommended move to 56d

but anyway if you really want stay on 56c you can get 56c source code, apply these changes and compile it using free Visual Studio Community

(02-27-2019 09:41 AM)xrambo Wrote:  Coruja hi firstly,
My sphere packet attack or injection attack problem.
G defenders writing to this problem. and i collect to 2 screenshots (live)

Example 1:
95.10.183.39 ips to banned player. and hackers new open account. And sphere 56b crash. // Login seyfo attacker.

[Image: 9aAWRO.jpg]

Example 2:
95.10.23.173 ip is blocked to first seyfo ip's. hacker is not join to game and change ip. (sphere 56c test).
Malatyalee join to server 176.55.58.122 ip's . and i say again to test crash (hacker). and malatyalee is writing bye. and sphere crash.

[Image: 16Ba2b.jpg]

i think this problem fix to .dll document or c++ (other admins to fix and not publish)

and now 0 online and i'm closed to server.

img url is broken, but I presume that you're under DDoS attack on layer 7 (application layer). An DDoS attack can be pointed to different layers (ISP network layer, datacenter layer, server layer, software layer, etc) and in this case the attack is passing through all these layers and reaching your software

there's no error on sphere and nothing you can do on sphere, because these errors are only showing on sphere console because the attacker is using infected servers/machines to send fake network packets that are reaching your application layer (sphere). And since sphere have no idea what these packets means, it will just thrown an "unknown packet" error on console

so unfortunately there's no easy solution where you just press a single button to fix everything. The only way to fix this is using an server-side anti-DDoS protection (which is not free). Usually some datacenters already have cloud servers with standard anti-DDoS protection included, and if the attack keep reaching your server even with this standard protection you can also pay a bit more to get an customized anti-DDoS support
03-02-2019 05:05 AM
xrambo
Apprentice

coruja img url again to uploaded you see ?

[Image: 2s7yi3k.jpg]

[Image: 2qizoxw.jpg]

its not ddos attack on layer 7, problem is emulators to sphere.
04-10-2019 10:07 AM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

yea sure, this image seems to be someone exploiting the server using fake packets to crash sphere. And that's exactly why I always recommend everyone update to latest sphere: security

56c have some security vulnerabilities, and 56b even more, so they're not safe to use. Many years ago they were safe, but as the time passes, there's always an small group of retarded ppl finding new exploits, where these exploits get fixed on source code and servers using this fixed build will be safe, but servers not using this fixed build will stay vulnerable

just taking a quick example, there's a way to crash any 56c server in just 1 second (of course I won't say how), and this doesn't occur on 56d where all (or at least most) these problems are already fixed. So security is a must-have for any server and should not be considered a optional feature, there's no way to keep an server online if it is vulnerable to let ppl take it down
04-10-2019 12:27 PM