Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
on=@npcseechar .. broken?
Rayvolution
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Aetharia

on=@npcseechar .. broken?
Seems I should of been using @NPCLookAtChar. Disregard! Big Grin The link I posted misdirected me.

I'm trying to make what should be a super-simple script that checks a character's karma, and attacks.

My grand plan was to remove the standard guard system, and just have guards wandering town who would attack baddies on sight, but I'm stuck on the most simplest of steps, getting this test trigger to work before I write the rest of the script:

[EVENTS e_npcs]
on=@npcseechar
SAY OMG DIE!
ATTACK

It refuses to fire, and I know the NPC has the event attached to him, because I can change it to SeeNewPlayer and he attacks me.

I've turned on MonsterFight and EF_New_Triggers based on this thread:
http://forum.spherecommunity.net/showthr...p?tid=1200

No luck what so ever. I'm totally stumped/confused. Since thats my generic NPC event (using it for testing) technically every single NPC in the entire area should be trying to murder each other right now. ;P

[Image: 4_Logo.png]
An MMORPG based on the Ultima Online engine.
Completely Custom Map, GUI, AI, Combat, Skills, Crafts, Art, Music and so much more.
http://aetharia.com - Home of Ambition!
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 01:05 PM by Rayvolution.)
07-31-2012 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Anarch Cassius
Master

Likes Given: 19

RE: on=@npcseechar .. broken?
@npcseechar isn't broken, it doesn't exist.

You've confabulated @NPCLookAtChar and @NPCSeeNewPlayer

Current Projects: Necromancy SCP overhaul. Custom Faction AI/System. Imbuing.
07-31-2012 06:46 PM
Rayvolution
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Aetharia

RE: on=@npcseechar .. broken?
yeah, I was actually using NPCLookAtChar at first too, that's what's sad. Smile (I didn't have MonsterFight on), found that other thread, and though "Oh, duh, I'm using the wrong trigger!!!"

..Damn misguided thread! *waves fists*

Works fine now though, I'm actually in the process of using your AI script to, scripting AI is a very new concept for me so your scripts are very helpful to learn from.

Since my shard is a completely new world/universe, I'll have to rewrite/customize a lot of your code to match my world (IE I don't have a Britannia, Magincia or Elves etc so the factions need completely rewritten) So I'm having fun reverse engineering your code so I can learn the ins and outs of AI scripting. Smile

But, our world is in Alpha, and playerless. We still have a lot of work to do. We guestimate our server will be playable in about 6-8 months, possibly even a year. The map itself has about 3 times as much usable surface area as the original 2/3rds water UO map and we're trying to completely rewrite most of the skills, the NPCs (even the base ones are being rewritten from scratch), items, nearly everything! So it's great to have Sphere's community around to help me with my weaker areas! Big Grin

[Image: 4_Logo.png]
An MMORPG based on the Ultima Online engine.
Completely Custom Map, GUI, AI, Combat, Skills, Crafts, Art, Music and so much more.
http://aetharia.com - Home of Ambition!
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 11:06 PM by Rayvolution.)
07-31-2012 11:00 PM