Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
World Spawner/Decorator [updated v2.0.a]
Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

Star World Spawner/Decorator [updated v2.0.a]
Several years ago AmonVangrell brought over a fantastic idea from ServUO, this world generator to add all the items to houses (doors, signs, decorations, streelights, etc) and also a spawner to create all the basic OSI spawns in the world. So I thought it was a great idea and made my own version. I wanted to release that here also for everyone to use. I took all the data from ServUO's Nerun's Distro, and made new menus for them. please feel free to let me know if there's any issues and I'll try to address them.

Updated 4/9/2018 - Wow to think its been two years since this thing was updated. I went ahead and redid the scripts because the gump scripts were atrocious and I couldn't handle leaving it like that. I've cleaned up some functions as well. This will likely be the final version unless someone sends me updated defnames for the various versions of Sphere.

Updated 3/16/2016 - changed how the custom spawner works, just piggy backing off the sphere t_spawn_char now. Also added a validate option to tick off on the spawner dialog. You can do a test run before actually making any spawners, this will let you know exactly what chardef/itemdefs are not in your script folder.

Credits to those whom have contributed to this project : Nerun for the original data and concept, AmonVangrall for inspiring me from his version of this. And to some various users for the contribution to the data files : KHzspeed, PsYiOn, UltimaIX, Erica, and if i missed anyone my apologies.

This spawner and decorator bundle has complete decorations for all facets and spawns for Felucca, Trammel, Ilshenar, Malas, and Tokuno. Depending on your version of sphere's scripts you will have different defnames that are being used. There is a spawner def for 56b, 56c, and 56d that you will need to use for their designated version of scripts. These defname files will have different chardef and itemdef entries depending on the version as well. If you want to help contribute to this project sending me updated spawndef entries would be the ideal way to do so.

Once you follow the readme instructions and place the appropriate entries on spheretables you will be able to add i_world_decorator and i_world_spawner, dclick these objects and have fun spawning your server. Please report any issues in this thread so we can continue to update/fix the script. Thanks for all the positive feedback and support!

DOWNLOAD SCRIPT

Just open up the readme.txt for a full description of how to get it working.
(PS Please post bugs so this can be actively improved upon!!)
Contribute if you can
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 07:04 AM by Soulless.)
02-03-2016 02:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Soulless's post
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: World Spawner/Decorator (Complete)
Nice Big Grin
02-03-2016 03:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sypheris
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Right on buddy!
02-05-2016 06:03 AM
tom2008
Apprentice

Likes Given: 5

just quick question why is it that i use these scripts and the vendors dont work... i have no custom scripts at all only this spawner
03-05-2016 09:28 PM
tom2008
Apprentice

anyone? sorry for the bump
03-11-2016 02:55 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

When you say vendors don't work what do you mean? They don't spawn? I'm actually working on this over the weekend for backwards compatibility and some other various things.
03-11-2016 02:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
tom2008
Apprentice

Well using the latest releases of scripts and sphere basically the vendors dont work as in i say bank or buy or sell and it doesnt work..
03-11-2016 10:52 PM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

I think in speech files or the char files some lines were commented out. Look into those. The latest script pack is not at all user friendly, it has multiple issues. I think TSPEECH=spk_shopkeep was commented out. and also the banker line was commented out on bankers.
03-12-2016 11:39 PM
[+] 1 user Likes Soulless's post
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

^ This right here! The entire pack is a mess. Big Grin Working on it. Lost everything last week though, but ironically, catching up quick (My HDD had a massive failure and nothing in the last 8 months was backed up).
03-13-2016 10:07 PM
[+] 1 user Likes Khaos's post
tom2008
Apprentice

well yes thanks soulless that worked and great script Smile. Smile and yes script pack is terrible atm but at least got it working thanks guys.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2016 02:27 AM by tom2008.)
03-14-2016 02:25 AM