Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UOFiddler Textures
Apocalypse
Journeyman

Likes Given: 10

UOFiddler Textures
Hey guys, been trying to add textures to UO with Fiddler but something always seems to go wrong. seems like some 2 mountain textures just want to get distorted after i save that i hadn't touched and its just these two entries.. Anyone run into this?

.png  Texture 556.png (Size: 4.81 KB / Downloads: 90)
06-10-2018 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Apocalypse
Journeyman

RE: UOFiddler Textures
if it helps, Textures 0x022c and 0x022d ( which are cave walls) are the two that get distorted in the save process no matter where i put new textures in.
06-11-2018 01:11 AM
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

I'm not sure if Google Translate translated it correctly. But I see from the picture that Fidler made the stripes in the picture. It's good for me. What are you using the graphic ???? I recommend a better one like Adobe Photoshop. I do not recommend free programs. But, to understand the structure of the UO bit. I mean graphic. What we see today, for example, in modern 3D games, does not know how to use Ultima Online. It is necessary to work in low bit scalar. Adobe Photoshop stores 24-bit on Windows. Alpha channel as we know it from 3D games is not possible in UO. But it is good to know that there are possibilities that UO can enhance graphics. But this is about the authorship and permission of the creators. Programs. I probably did not help much. However, it is not easy to create for UO today, when the standard is far higher than the UO allows. On the contrary, the UO creation will teach the graphics more than if it were created in Blender and Photoshop. They will learn to understand the bitmap image.
09-21-2018 03:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Apocalypse
Journeyman

Im using textures from other sites that have downloads for them. These were already made by someone else for UO. For some reason, UOFiddler wants to mess up other texture files when you save new ones to it... i believe its a bug. I even tried to replace the messed up texture with the same one as before and it still comes out with lines on it. No explination as of yet why its doing that
09-21-2018 10:50 AM
golfin
Banned

Eranova

In that case, it is clear that the error is caused by UoFiddler. So far, I can not see a repair solution.
09-21-2018 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Apocalypse
Journeyman

Yeah I'm not sure what the fix would be. There are little bugs here and there I keep coming across with UOfiddler. That would be one I would like to see fixed as I would like to add more textures to Ultima
09-22-2018 02:40 AM
golfin
Banned

Eranova

I still remembered. How do you use the client version? UoFiddler is an older program, and new versions of the client have a different file structure. Exactly, art, gumart, etc., are reworked and UoFiddler reads them badly. That could be the cause of your problem. It will be good to use the older version of Ultima Online. I have a tested version of 7.0.50, when edited gumart and art files and others work without any problems. For example, version 7.0.60 is no longer working well.

You can download various UO installations from the ServUo server: https://www.servuo.com/archive/client-archive.959/

Direct link to version 7.0.50: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxz8oobyw0dg9...tracking=1
09-22-2018 08:07 PM
Apocalypse
Journeyman

(09-22-2018 08:07 PM)golfin Wrote:  I still remembered. How do you use the client version? UoFiddler is an older program, and new versions of the client have a different file structure. Exactly, art, gumart, etc., are reworked and UoFiddler reads them badly. That could be the cause of your problem. It will be good to use the older version of Ultima Online. I have a tested version of 7.0.50, when edited gumart and art files and others work without any problems. For example, version 7.0.60 is no longer working well.

You can download various UO installations from the ServUo server: https://www.servuo.com/archive/client-archive.959/

Direct link to version 7.0.50: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxz8oobyw0dg9...tracking=1

I believe mine is 7.0.60.74 last i checked..
09-23-2018 11:34 AM
golfin
Banned

Eranova

That's the reason for the mistake. Try version 7.0.50
09-23-2018 03:31 PM
Apocalypse
Journeyman

yeah but i also dont want to sacrifice any new content.. not sure the difference in 7.0.50 and 7.0.60?
09-24-2018 01:48 AM