Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tilepic Offset
Seron
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Motoi

Tilepic Offset
I'm currently trying to make a house tool that allows players to place down decoration. Since some decoration items are split into multiple parts I would like to display them as "whole" in the gump.

Ingame, when I move an item (4198 East part of loom for example) it moves by 22x22 pixels.

However, when I use a tilepic of 4198 and move it 22x22 pixels it does not line up with the western part.

Curiously, floor tiles work fine. A picture (4065) almost lines up but is about 1 px off?

How is the position in a gump calculated for tilepics?
01-13-2019 05:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

RE: Tilepic Offset
tilepic images are not always perfectly aligned inside their width x height image area (blame OSI for this)

eg:
itemA image is 20px x 20px and is aligned on 0,0 -> works fine
itemB image is 20px x 20px and is aligned on 5,5 -> you must find a way to manually change 5,5 to 0,0

the best way to do this is store an extra X,Y offset for each item to apply over the default value. Using the example above, you will need to find a way to make the gump show the image on position "X+OffsetX, Y+OffsetY", so itemB must have offset=-5,-5 which will make the dialog calculate 5+(-5),5+(-5) = 5-5,5-5 = 0,0

usually this is enough if you just have some few items to show on gump, but note that the offset value for each item must be found manually, so maybe it's not a good idea use this if you have tons of items to show
01-13-2019 07:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Seron
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Motoi

RE: Tilepic Offset
I was afraid this might be the case, thank you for the answer.

Considering the several thousand of decoration items I think I will go for the more practical and less "nice looking" way Sad
01-13-2019 06:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply