Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sphere 56b loop problem!!
jexnico
Journeyman

Likes Given: 113

Sphere 56b loop problem!!
Morning,
yesterday i had a lot of crash issues because of looping, and i don't know where this error might be, could anyone give me a hint?

[Image: bxCFS45.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019 08:40 PM by jexnico.)
09-12-2019 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

RE: Sphere 56b loop problem!!
Probably it's the old infinite loop bug where an NPC cause damage to itself and keep trying to attack itself but it block the attack and then keep trying again on a infinite loop

It's already fixed since many years ago, but to get it fixed on your server you must use an build where this is already fixed, and unfortunately this is not fixed on old 56b builds. I highly don't recommend use old builds in any way, since old builds have some critical exploits where anyone can crash any server, and to keep the server secure against these lammers you must always have the latest fixes. That's why I always recommend use latest 56d builds which is much more stable/optimized/secure

So to officially get this problem fixed you must use at least 56c, which is also not recommended use it since it also still have some exploits, so the most secure and most recommended build is 56d

You can still using 56b and just create an event trigger to prevent chars cause damage to itself, this will fix only this problem but won't fix the many others. But it's better than nothing (lol)
09-13-2019 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Coruja's post
jexnico
Journeyman

Likes Given: 113

RE: Sphere 56b loop problem!!
(09-13-2019 11:22 AM)Coruja Wrote:  Probably it's the old infinite loop bug where an NPC cause damage to itself and keep trying to attack itself but it block the attack and then keep trying again on a infinite loop

It's already fixed since many years ago, but to get it fixed on your server you must use an build where this is already fixed, and unfortunately this is not fixed on old 56b builds. I highly don't recommend use old builds in any way, since old builds have some critical exploits where anyone can crash any server, and to keep the server secure against these lammers you must always have the latest fixes. That's why I always recommend use latest 56d builds which is much more stable/optimized/secure

So to officially get this problem fixed you must use at least 56c, which is also not recommended use it since it also still have some exploits, so the most secure and most recommended build is 56d

You can still using 56b and just create an event trigger to prevent chars cause damage to itself, this will fix only this problem but won't fix the many others. But it's better than nothing (lol)

Thanks Coruja for the support, i was definitely already going crazy, i didn't know which script was in the error, i've disabled virtually all scripts on my server looking for an answer and had no sign of where this error was coming from.

I will now create a fix for this ...

I just haven't changed to 56d yet as this will take a long time, i definitely don't have patience for it ... even though i really want to change to this version.. haha

Is this basically it?

IF (<src.uid>==<uid>)
serv.log Debbug: Fix auto attacker - NPC: <name> - UID: <uid> - LOCAL: <region.p>
return 1
ENDIF

I put in the events of all npcs, using all triggers that call fighting, @Hit, @Hittry, @Spelleffect, @Gethit, etc...
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019 07:53 AM by jexnico.)
09-18-2019 07:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply