Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[ITEM] Direction Blocker Pad
pointhz
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

[ITEM] Direction Blocker Pad
Hello everyone,

I'm going to share some scripts that although have been made for a very peculiar kind of server, some of you may find them interesting and useful and could adapt them to your own servers.

This script is all about a pad that prevents players from walking in the selected directions.

Double-clicking the pad with .gm ON will display the following dialog:

[Image: image.jpg]

As you can see, at the moment the pad will block alive players, regardless of their state, from walking from N to S. The pad is currently INVISIBLE.

What I like the most on it is that it doesn't teleport you anywhere causing screen refresh problems. It just moves you back if you can't go in a certain direction.

It can be useful in several situations and is easy to set up. For example, in an event you can prevent a player from walking alive from N to S, which can be the direction to enter the player base. So after leaving the base they can't go back in, at least alive.

Following the same logic I used through the script, you can prevent other "kind" of players from walking through, checking tags, stats, skills, anything you want.

The only problem I encounter is that one single pad can't prevent 2 kind of people from walking in different directions. For example, You can't say alive people won't walk from N to S and dead people won't walk from S to N. But this being the case, you can always add 2 pads close to each other.

Attached File(s)
.scp  p_blocker_pad.scp (Size: 12.16 KB / Downloads: 19)
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2015 02:41 AM by pointhz.)
08-16-2015 02:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pointhz's post