Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gargish and other Errors
sgt912
Apprentice

Likes Given: 9

Gargish and other Errors
I seem to be getting a huge amount of errors in the console and they all generally relate to anything gargish!
I've just starting populating my world with traders and the scripts allocate them random hair, clothes and property which is fine, but anything gargish throws errors (this is usually in the property in the form of gargish earrings, gargish necklace, gargish rings).
I decided to try and place one of these items on the floor in the world using Axis and chose a gargish necklace, but when I placed it (created, not spawned), it appeared as a worldgem bit (I would have expected this for a spawned items, not a created one) but when I double clicked it, it crashed the client.
I've been through the various scripts and they all appear to load OK and the items are all properly defined as these are the original scripts (I haven't changed anything in the scripts or the script loading order, they're as they're set up in the sphere.ini).
Are there issues with the gargish items and should I just go through all of the scripts and disable them?
(I'm on 56d by the way with the latest scripts)
Thanks
03-23-2021 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sgt912's post
jexnico
Journeyman

Likes Given: 113

RE: Gargish and other Errors
it is simple, probably your version of ultima online is not compatible with the same
remove everything that is gargoyle item from your server if you are not going to use it
make a short fix for this
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021 04:24 AM by jexnico.)
03-24-2021 04:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

Or use a higher version of the UO.
03-24-2021 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
sgt912
Apprentice

Likes Given: 9

I'm using ML, but having read your answers and looked at the various releases, it seems I'll need Stygian Abyss for gargoyles...

I hadn't thought of the actual UO client/installation, but just thought it was a sphere and scripting problem; no worries, I'll get hold of SA and see if that cures my problems.

Thanks again for the help - gratefully received
03-27-2021 05:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sgt912's post
jexnico
Journeyman

Likes Given: 113

no problem Smile
04-07-2021 12:20 AM