Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Couple of questions about TIMER
Murmur
Apprentice

Likes Given: 3

Couple of questions about TIMER
First, I want to thank everyone for helping me out on my project.

Question number one about TIMER is: Is there a way to use a FLOAT value in a TIMER argument?

Such as this original code for an item I have:

Code:
TIMER <EVAL {1 2}>

My newbieness tells me that I could use:

Code:
TIMER <FLOATVAL {0.1 0.2}>

But it doesn't work, I'm guessing I'm either using bad syntax or there is some sort of 'tick' going on behind the scenes that prevents anything happening faster than 1 second on TIMER

The second question I have about TIMER is: I have ideas for a ton of fun items that would require TIMER on a vast amount of them. Before I fleshed out all the ITEMDEFs for them, I wanted to make sure that I'm not doomed to fail with like 1000+ items equipped on different players all with TIMERs running. Is there any known issues with this?

As always, I appreciate your time everyone.

Thanks, -Murmur

*you glance to your left to a region you just surveyed... you glimpse a magical being, more shadow than substance, caught midway in transformation... the figure smiles, the corners of his mouth jut upwards slightly on the edges, suddenly stretched to a length not at all human...*
05-04-2017 05:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

RE: Couple of questions about TIMER
TIMER can use only integer numbers like -1, 0, 1, 231564654, etc. But you can also use TIMERD which uses timer in tenths of sec (eg: TIMERD=17 -> 1.7s)

items with active timer can consume a bit more CPU/RAM than items with inactive timer, but there's no problem to do it as long as your server have enough hardware to handle this
05-05-2017 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply