• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Negotiate Features - AssistUO/Razor
Lazarus
Master

Likes Given: 11

Hybris Ultima Online

RE: Negotiate Features - AssistUO/Razor
(05-12-2014 11:06 PM)Feeh Wrote:  
(10-17-2013 08:40 AM)Extreme Wrote:  the features are written on assistants so they tell what can be enabled/disabled.

In addition to what Extreme said, these tools are almost dead, UOSteam stopped the development and Razor is being updated only with minor changes

(05-12-2014 04:58 PM)Lazarus Wrote:  This should be in the add-on folder on default script pack!

I agree with you it should, but it uses a protocol that interfere with newer client protocol (that's why it isn't an option in the INI), we (at least me) can't officially release something that conflicts with our main code.
Again, this come back to UOS and Razor problem

What type of interference are there? I'm using this :'(

[Image: 2hy9q0y.png]
05-17-2014 02:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Feeh
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 6

The negotiation protocol uses the packet command 240 (0xF0) the same used by newer clients to move the char around.
Yeah, they "can" coexist, their sizes are way different but it would require a lot of effort filtering the packet content based just on packet length, and since we have no control of how the packets are changed over time, we can not produce a reliable code to work with both feature negotiation and the new movement request

The reason you can still use the features negotiator with newer clients is that sphere does not use the new movement by default (it is not finished but is there), you will have to choose between having a feature negotiator or a more reliable (as we expect) movement control IF EA does not kill the old movement

There is no reason to be worried YET, you can safely use the negotiator even with latest clients as long you keep the new movement disabled on INI (FEATURE_SA_MOVEMENT 02). Just have in mind it can be broken anytime in the future newer clients

Feeh/Epila - Nightly releases / SphereWiki / Github Issues / Sphere's GitHub
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 03:10 AM by Feeh.)
05-17-2014 03:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lazarus
Master

Hybris Ultima Online

(05-17-2014 03:09 AM)Feeh Wrote:  The negotiation protocol uses the packet command 240 (0xF0) the same used by newer clients to move the char around.
Yeah, they "can" coexist, their sizes are way different but it would require a lot of effort filtering the packet content based just on packet length, and since we have no control of how the packets are changed over time, we can not produce a reliable code to work with both feature negotiation and the new movement request

The reason you can still use the features negotiator with newer clients is that sphere does not use the new movement by default (it is not finished but is there), you will have to choose between having a feature negotiator or a more reliable (as we expect) movement control IF EA does not kill the old movement

There is no reason to be worried YET, you can safely use the negotiator even with latest clients as long you keep the new movement disabled on INI (FEATURE_SA_MOVEMENT 02). Just have in mind it can be broken anytime in the future newer clients

New SA Movement? really? what they changes? I'd never heard something about it! I'm really curious about this, can you explain or there's a web with some new info? what changes?

Thanks!

05-17-2014 03:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Feeh
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 6

Newer clients does come with a new movement packet that we can activate or not. It is basically a communication thing, you may not see any game difference, and we have no concrete details of how it works, nothing more than a brief idea
Unfortunately I can't say more than that

Feeh/Epila - Nightly releases / SphereWiki / Github Issues / Sphere's GitHub
05-17-2014 04:09 AM
Lazarus
Master

Hybris Ultima Online

Hey Feeh! I found a bug here!

If you are paralyzed and you log out and log in again, you will unfreeze because the function calls this.

There's another way to do this? maybe a item that equips when you log in and:
-if you don't check the razor or uosteam you will die in 20 seconds.
-On logout remove this item.
-If the check is OK, then remove this item too.

12-23-2014 02:12 PM
fred
Apprentice

Likes Given: 1

Hi guys, it works for block uosteam too?
09-10-2019 08:49 AM
jexnico
Journeyman

Likes Given: 113

Great job
09-29-2019 09:57 PM
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

So I found that this script on new sphere using enchanced razor and orion client does not work properly. Yes, he will know if the player has "Negotiate Features with Server" turned on and, if he does not, remove the player. But that's all he can do. He can't solve the others and just the main settings. Light level, weather, autoloot, etc. cannot be turned off. I don't know if it's a bad packet or anything else. But I would like to solve it. Just setting the light is very important to me, I need the player not to hack nightsight. I would like to negotiate the features used. Maybe it will work out.

Needless to say, the old version of Razor works properly and the individual features are interlaced. It only happens with the new enchanced razor and orion client (maybe even cross client - I haven't tried it).
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2020 03:40 PM by golfin.)
08-29-2020 03:16 PM