Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Archery Range
sgt912
Apprentice

Likes Given: 9

Archery Range
How do I go about changing the range for various ‘special’ bows?

I’ve tried changing the ranges in sphere.ini and added ranges to the items themselves, but whatever I do, it seems I can’t shoot further than about 10 squares!

I’ve trawled through a lot of threads and found a similar query from a couple of years ago and the answer was cryptic (to me at least!)...
’... 2RE: Archery max distance
The Range attribute of an archery weapon always override the ArcheryMaxDist and ArcheryMinDist.
All weapons comes with the range attribute already set in their item definition...!

I checked all of the ‘standard’ bows and ranged weaponry and changed them just to see what happens and... still the same, so how do I go about giving bows and crossbows ranges beyond the standard 10 or so squares.
03-29-2021 08:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kanibal
Master

Likes Given: 6

RE: Archery Range
I think this is hardcoded and nothing you can do without modifying sphere source code.

Grandmaster Localhost Admin
03-29-2021 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
sgt912
Apprentice

Likes Given: 9

Damn!

OK - no worries, thanks for the reply; I was trying to script a 'Robin Hood Bow' that had longer range and slightly elevated damage and was going to try and replicate the two arrow thing from the Kevin Costner version of the film, but that was a thing for the future as I'm not quite sure where I'd need to start to have a bow firing two arrows at once Cry
03-29-2021 07:08 PM
Jhobean
Journeyman

Likes Given: 11

Did you try range=x,x. In the itemdef?

https://www.uocryptonite.com/
07-08-2021 10:11 AM
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

This setting I feel does not work, Jhobean. I think we solved it about a year ago for the X1 version. Range L and Range H don't have much of an effect I think. But I don't know what it's like on 56d.
07-08-2021 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply