Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
56d and X1 Experience system
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

56d and X1 Experience system
I decided to redo my whole experience system. First, I want to connect it to the built-in exp system and then adjust the functionality of the built-in exp system to suit me. But I don't know the answers to my questions.

What is written on the wiki I think is not true. As I tested the embedded experience system, it did not work as written on the wiki.

For example, when I set my own On=@Create values ​​to NPC, the system still counted those built in from sphere. Which is wrong for me. According to the wiki, after killing an NPC, the player receives between 1 and 20% of the NPC's exp. I want to change that to 100%. It also states that the calculation of exp NPC includes STR, INT and DEX, its best fighting skill, the remaining fighting skill, peacemaking, provocation, magery, taming, its base defense and attack damage values. I have no way of checking this, but it seems to me that this is not true. Furthermore, I cannot translate the word guildmate. I guess it could be members of the guilds, but how it works I don't know.

System Level Items. Here I did not understand the calculation of the double level version (LevelMode=1). According to the wiki, this counts differently than in the sphere. So how is it? What is the formula for calculating the level increase? Although I will probably replace it with its own system, which overwrites the original sphere.

I would like to use and modify the built-in sphere experience system. I like some features. But as it now exists, it is useless. It needs to be redone.
12-18-2019 02:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Eranova

RE: 56d and X1 Experience system
Nobody has anything to say? Please?
12-22-2019 05:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

This internal system is just an base that will increase exp/level when you do some actions (PvP, PvM, craft items, etc), it's only useful for who only want some basic "almost" plug-n-play engine

If you already have a custom system doing this, the internal system will be pointless, because doesn't make much sense enable internal formulas to override all these hardcoded formulas with custom formulas later

Honestly I think this should be removed from sphere source, because its not a standard UO feature, and removing all these formulas will clean (optimize) the source code a bit

But anyway, LevelMode=1 (linear) will make the exp required to next level follow an linear order, level will increase when you reach <SERV.LevelNextAt> EXP (eg: if LevelNextAt=1000 your level will always increase +1 at every 1000 exp)
And LevelMode=2 (double) will make level go up at double rates (1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, ...). Required value to level up is based on current level, and uses this formula
Code:
LOCAL.RequiredExp = 0
FOR 1 <LEVEL>
  LOCAL.RequiredExp += <eval <SERV.LevelNextAt>*(<LOCAL._FOR>+1)>
ENDFOR
12-23-2019 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Eranova

Oh, that's how the formula for level calculation is meant. hehe. Therefore, it disagreed with the wiki. Well, surely my own experience system, which GM will make himself, will probably be better, because I tailor it to my shard. But it's a pity that you're considering abolishing it. Ultima Online does not use it, but if it was more sophisticated, it would be a bonus for the creators that they would certainly use. Unfortunately, in this form as it is, it is unusable. I know, I write it honestly, but better honestly than slapping nonsense. Even think about Coruja, I would not disturb it, on the contrary developed.
12-23-2019 08:21 PM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

Yea that's the point

I'm not saying that "it must be removed because I don't like it", I just said that its better move it to scripts, because its better use an 100% softcoded engine totally made to fit the server, instead a half-hardcoded engine where half of the engine is not customizable and the other half requires some extra custom scripts to work... which will probably try to override the hardcoded stuff. Thats a bit redundant Lol
12-24-2019 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Eranova

Yes, I agree with you Coruja. This makes sense, and GMs will make better use of it if it is in scripts. Good idea.
12-24-2019 03:08 PM