Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Community Projects
xantier
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

RE: Community Projects
(03-25-2012 10:28 AM)khaos Wrote:  We have full High Seas support minus Smooth Sailing. The rest is scriptable. Which I have most done, I will not release High Seas till Smooth Sailing is completed.

Sugarcube assigned himself to working on the packets to it and never finished his work. I don't have his project to see if I can finish it.

As for RunUO and UOX3; no offense but if you rather use those why are you here Xantier? We don't come to their sites advertising our emulator. Why come here and advertise theirs?

RunUO does not have the power sphere has. I can vouch for that having both source codes Tongue. In fact I remember them coming to the owner of sphere some time back begging for help with cracking client encryptions since Sphere could still do it and they couldn't. I am not bashing RunUO as it is decent for those familiar with .net programming.

As for UOX3; I don't keep tabs on them. Never tried their servers and from the hooplah I hear, they aren't that functional.

PS I wouldn't knock the functionality of sphere unless you can max its limits... which no one has from every server I ever tread foot on.

Basically what I am getting at is two things. If you don't like Sphere then quit complaining and gracefully leave the community. The other thing, if you plan on sticking around, cheer up. You can learn something from us vets and dev's associated with this site. We want the old sphere community back. Not what it became.

actually, i completely hate .net languages. and sphere has an advantage on runuo that it can also work on linux. but runuo is flexible. and i'm not advertising free open-source projects as i don't have an income from them. just comparing some features of other emus.

i have tried the limits of sphereserver. and i have stuck at internal things, wanted them to be flexible, got no answer.

"If you don't like Sphere then quit complaining and gracefully leave the community", this is not an argument. i have given so many years to sphereserver, i think i have right to criticize using my experiences.
03-25-2012 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

@khaos my msn is dagger4k@gmail.com

too bad fb and msn ruined msn Smile it kinda just runs in the background for me now. The only people on it are uo folk haha.
03-25-2012 07:57 PM
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

@Dagger4k; I prefer not to use FB. I have one... it runs in the background for me Smile. I still prefer an IM program over a social network. My IM program is more secure Wink and private.

@Xantier; What wasn't flexible enough?
03-26-2012 12:07 AM
Valios
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 0

Sphere Suite 2013

This is going the opposite site of the main thread, let's go back to the topic please. I understand and respect all the opinions about open source, but no one here have the authority to release anything so there is nothing we can do. By saying this I think our discussion about this topic have ended. Do not throw more fuel on the fire.

Peace and love
03-26-2012 02:04 AM
AwKward
Apprentice

I never thought the main site would die.

But after starting to see some angry replies from the admin's on there, i got a little concerned of the future.

Nice Community projects, cool.
03-26-2012 12:39 PM
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

I don't know. There was always angry dev's on there. Smile. I was an angry veteran scripter till I realized it was hurting community relations instead of helping people.

In the end even ShiryuX and I don't know what happened to the main site. The old team just disappeared for the most part.
03-26-2012 12:50 PM
ShiryuX
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

I'm thinking in the creation of a "SphereCommunity Logo Contest", what do you think?
03-28-2012 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Valios
Super Moderator

Sphere Suite 2013

Then as a graphic designer I will kick asses with no chance to anyone. I accept donations via PayPal, thanks
03-28-2012 06:46 AM