Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CentrED and general art/map questions
StaticZ
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Quintessence

RE: CentrED and general art/map questions
(09-07-2013 02:09 PM)Archaaz Wrote:  That would be a great addition. Perhaps a highlight, copy, paste command, similar to Paint. Or I suppose it might use a rectangular coordinate system.
Selecting is a main problem in this task.

(09-07-2013 02:09 PM)Archaaz Wrote:  In my case I am hoping to use the two custom housing scripts included by Mordaunt, and utilize only static houses (and perhaps pre-placed multis), as housing. Being able to replicate various static buildings, and adding a bit here and there for the sake of variety would be quite useful. Thanks.
We also are using only static houses and there are no even 2 same houses in whole world - it's not take much time to draw simple house for your own in CentrEd\CentrEd+. Friendly speaking if you will practice in it - very soon you understand that it's best and fasters way for work with statics. As for multies they don't so good as for example they don't shown client on minimap if you don't see them on screen and it will be quit impossible to make not-typical houses (for example smth like this) in them. Also it was impossible to use colored tiles in multies (thow latest HS clients allows this you). So I advice you use multies only if you really need to make some large objects as items to make ability for placing, moving, deleting them by players and so on.

Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 08:08 PM by StaticZ.)
09-07-2013 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Archaaz
Journeyman

Likes Given: 12

(09-07-2013 08:07 PM)StaticZ Wrote:  We also are using only static houses and there are no even 2 same houses in whole world - it's not take much time to draw simple house for your own in CentrEd\CentrEd+. Friendly speaking if you will practice in it - very soon you understand that it's best and fasters way for work with statics. As for multies they don't so good as for example they don't shown client on minimap if you don't see them on screen and it will be quit impossible to make not-typical houses (for example smth like this) in them. Also it was impossible to use colored tiles in multies (thow latest HS clients allows this you). So I advice you use multies only if you really need to make some large objects as items to make ability for placing, moving, deleting them by players and so on.

You are right. I need to sit down and really learn the basics of CentrED design. I am just being lazy...Smile. I have experimented with CentrED a bit, but trying to create mutli-storied buildings, and accidentally deleting/altering tiles and not being able to easily undo it (sometimes requiring reloading the map) was giving me fits. I am certain I can get the hang of it with practice. There is not that much I want to add anyway, and it would be nice if I were able to use only statics for housing and main buildings. I do intend to disable player placed houses for the map.

Of course with my expected player base, I could probably house them all in a single room in the Moonglow inn...Smile. As for colored tiles, I am fine with not using them, actually, though I do hope to import some custom art from various sites for use as static decorations and items.

That lighthouse is perfect. How did you put the light part in? Is it an animation/object, or did you just assemble it with tiles? That is actually the part of the map I was trying to copy, the lighthouse in the Lost Lands, and move it to create four slightly differing lighthouses in various places on the Britannia map.

(09-07-2013 08:07 PM)StaticZ Wrote:  We also are using only static houses and there are no even 2 same houses in whole world - it's not take much time to draw simple house for your own in CentrEd\CentrEd+. Friendly speaking if you will practice in it - very soon you understand that it's best and fasters way for work with statics. As for multies they don't so good as for example they don't shown client on minimap if you don't see them on screen and it will be quit impossible to make not-typical houses (for example smth like this) in them. Also it was impossible to use colored tiles in multies (thow latest HS clients allows this you). So I advice you use multies only if you really need to make some large objects as items to make ability for placing, moving, deleting them by players and so on.

You are right. I need to sit down and really learn the basics of CentrED design. I am just being lazy...Smile. I have experimented with CentrED a bit, but trying to create mutli-storied buildings, and accidentally deleting/altering tiles and not being able to easily undo it (sometimes requiring reloading the map) was giving me fits. I am certain I can get the hang of it with practice. There is not that much I want to add anyway, and it would be nice if I were able to use only statics for housing and main buildings. I do intend to disable player placed houses for the map.

Of course with my expected player base, I could probably house them all in a single room in the Moonglow inn...Smile. As for colored tiles, I am fine with not using them, actually, though I do hope to import some custom art from various sites for use as static decorations and items.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 10:08 PM by Archaaz.)
09-07-2013 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
StaticZ
Apprentice

Quintessence

(09-07-2013 10:03 PM)Archaaz Wrote:  You are right. I need to sit down and really learn the basics of CentrED design. I am just being lazy...Smile.
Sure, but just remember that you will spend some time now, but in future you will save much more time =)

(09-07-2013 10:03 PM)Archaaz Wrote:  I have experimented with CentrED a bit, but trying to create mutli-storied buildings, and accidentally deleting/altering tiles and not being able to easily undo it (sometimes requiring reloading the map) was giving me fits.
Original CentrEd have can undo only last action, and in CentrEd+ you can undo last 64 actions. It's more than enoth untile you begin change Altitude by mouse wheel...

(09-07-2013 10:03 PM)Archaaz Wrote:  There is not that much I want to add anyway, and it would be nice if I were able to use only statics for housing and main buildings.
What do you mean?

(09-07-2013 10:03 PM)Archaaz Wrote:  Of course with my expected player base, I could probably house them all in a single room in the Moonglow inn...Smile. As for colored tiles, I am fine with not using them, actually, though I do hope to import some custom art from various sites for use as static decorations and items.
I mean it dosn't take many time to build simple buildings, it don't take much care how many rooms and floors in it. Building becomes hard when you whant to make some architecture style or use landscape for example like lighthouse I swhow to you. House there is 2 floors, but 1st floor on 75% is undergrond, and as for "tower" it grow's from rock... Such things and combinations need much more time and work =)
As for colored tile we also hate acid colors and prefer to avoid them, but good colors can give very nice effect... Just you don't have to change color to make house acid or green, you have to change color to make it other, for example to make oak floor from pine and so on =)

(09-07-2013 10:03 PM)Archaaz Wrote:  That lighthouse is perfect. How did you put the light part in? Is it an animation/object, or did you just assemble it with tiles? That is actually the part of the map I was trying to copy, the lighthouse in the Lost Lands, and move it to create four slightly differing lighthouses in various places on the Britannia map.
it's animate tiles from original client. It contains from several tiles.

Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...
09-07-2013 10:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

My apologyze, is there a new version of Centred called Centred+ ?

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
09-08-2013 12:52 AM
Archaaz
Journeyman

(09-07-2013 10:49 PM)StaticZ Wrote:  Original CentrEd have can undo only last action, and in CentrEd+ you can undo last 64 actions. It's more than enoth untile you begin change Altitude by mouse wheel...

64 would indeed be perfect. I need to download CentrED+. I do have a problem with that mouse wheel altitude thing...Smile

Quote:What do you mean?

Oh just agreeing that your method of using only statics is much better than using statics and multis together. Are players able to decorate the interiors of their static homes?

Quote:I mean it dosn't take many time to build simple buildings, it don't take much care how many rooms and floors in it. Building becomes hard when you whant to make some architecture style or use landscape for example like lighthouse I swhow to you. House there is 2 floors, but 1st floor on 75% is undergrond, and as for "tower" it grow's from rock... Such things and combinations need much more time and work =)
As for colored tile we also hate acid colors and prefer to avoid them, but good colors can give very nice effect... Just you don't have to change color to make house acid or green, you have to change color to make it other, for example to make oak floor from pine and so on =)

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. I was indeed thinking of the more garish "acid" colors I often see, the bright neons and such. The shot of your world is quite nice, very natural. The house that is 75% underground sounds quite interesting, adding basements and such.

Quote:it's animate tiles from original client. It contains from several tiles.

I will have to try and emulate it, it looks amazing. Definitely going to download CentrED. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 01:57 AM by Archaaz.)
09-08-2013 01:17 AM
StaticZ
Apprentice

Quintessence

(09-08-2013 12:52 AM)Extreme Wrote:  My apologyze, is there a new version of Centred called Centred+ ?
Yes, already for several years =))))) CentrEd+ is independent fork of original CentrEd 0.6.1. In general it's much similar to original, but have big number of improvments and still is updating and developing... Original CentrEd is realy cool programm, but unfortanly development was stop many years ago, latest updates such 6.2 & 6.3 just small fixes for compatible with new clients...

The project was started at the end of 2010 as private fork for russian RP server. At first time it even wasn't fork, just small patch, that added support for HS clients (yea it was made even early than EA published HS Expansion). But then to make work easy and comfortable - new and new features and improvments where added, while client and server were fully translating to russian. And, at the end of 2012 was released first public version 0.7.6 where multilanguage support was added (at this moment last version translated to english, russian, spanish and italian, and any other translations are welcome)....

Just one screen to see difference between CentrEd+ and original CentrEd.

(09-08-2013 01:17 AM)Archaaz Wrote:  Are players able to decorate the interiors of their static homes?
It depends at you server and scipts. I don't know how in wphere it works but in RunUo house is just region, the main difference that for multies house regions are already created for each multy object, when for static houses you have to create your won for each building. Any way there are no different what is located in house region, plyers still be able to lock\secure items if he\she will be able to put them on the "ground".

(09-08-2013 01:17 AM)Archaaz Wrote:  I was indeed thinking of the more garish "acid" colors I often see, the bright neons and such.
I hated them =) We called them "parrots coolors". I still don't understand who need random colors feature implemented in centred 0.6.2\0.6.3 =) Just some example of some good colors for getting new effects: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (thow the last is not very good color)

(09-08-2013 01:17 AM)Archaaz Wrote:  The house that is 75% underground sounds quite interesting, adding basements and such.
It's rather hard to do, if you will try you understand about what I'm speaking. The problem is that UO engine can't correct cut tiles if they are partially underground...

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 02:26 AM by StaticZ.)
09-08-2013 01:49 AM
Archaaz
Journeyman

(09-08-2013 01:49 AM)StaticZ Wrote:  It depends at you server and scipts. I don't know how in wphere it works but in RunUo house is just region, the main difference that for multies house regions are already created for each multy object, when for static houses you have to create your won for each building. Any way there are no different what is located in house region, plyers still be able to lock\secure items if he\she will be able to put them on the "ground".

Mordaunt has provided a script that will automatically turn static buildings into houses and allow players to decorate them, which I intend to use. I am no scripter, though I am learning as I go, and do not mind using available resources. He likewise has another, rather more robust Housing program I may implement, but without custom housing (which can be disabled), and probably without multis or players being able to place houses. So basically, only static houses (if I can master CentrED and CentrED+). I want to try to build community within the towns, and avoid the potential for sprawl so common in many shards.

Ideally, I just want a number of pre-existing houses in and just outside of the eight major towns which players can purchase. I want to put the initial prices on the house sign, which I think Mordaunt's program can do. The house won't decay, esp. since it will be static, but will rather simply go back on the market if neglected for too long. The script also allows for players selling their homes. There is another script for renting rooms in Inns that sounds intriguing as well.

Quote:I hated them =) We called them "parrots coolors". I still don't understand who need random colors feature implemented in centred 0.6.2\0.6.3 =) Just some example of some good colors for getting new effects: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (thow the last is not very good color)

You have a much nicer word for them than I do...Smile. Your world looks fantastic! Far better than anything I am likely to manage (I am not artist). I definitely want to stick to a more natural colors for the world. Custom dye tubs for items such as realistic leather colors would be nice. If I never see another neon yellow or orange carpentry item again I will be a happy man.

Quote:It's rather hard to do, if you will try you understand about what I'm speaking. The problem is that UO engine can't correct cut tiles if they are partially underground...

I think I understand a little from the little bit of editing I have tried with CentrED. I did quite a bit of damage to Trinsic, which required reloading the map...Smile.

By the way, where can I download CentrED+. For some reason I cannot seem to locate it via Google?

Actually, I just found it through the Quintessence link under your avatar...Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 03:06 AM by Archaaz.)
09-10-2013 02:32 AM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

09-10-2013 03:22 AM
Archaaz
Journeyman