Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about adding graphics/items with UOFiddler
Archaaz
Journeyman

Likes Given: 12

Question about adding graphics/items with UOFiddler
I recently purchased Carl Hamilton's Darkshard disk and would like to add some of the custom artwork contained on the disk. I do not want to include any animations or wearables, only regular items. Though I have never attempted this, I think I understand the process, but thought I would run it by eyes more experienced than mine, to see if I missed anything and fill in the gaps. I hope you do not mind.

My client contains up to the High Seas art. I am not sure where it is patched to, though art, artidx and tiledata, and gumpart are mul files. I am using UoFiddler 4.6.

This my understanding of the process. I would greatly appreciate any corrections, advice and/or further information.

1. Make a backup of the Ultima Online client (or just art, artidx and tiledata) and change the path settings in UOFiddler so that they point to this new client (or file folder).​

2. If I understand correctly, I need to identify free item slots using “Show Free Slots.” I have done this. The actual items go to 0x992C (39212) GargoyleShipsWheel D,” though there are fee slots after down to 65499. Can these be used, or should I stick to slots prior to 39212?

3. Once I have found a free slot, I then “Replace” the blank image with the image I wish to add. I believe this adds them to art.mul, yes? They have been saved in .bmp though, if I understand, I need to (or rather should) convert them to .tiff format first in order to reduce the size and maybe improve quality. I have not tried this yet, or gone beyond this step.

4. Move to the “TileData” tab, navigate to the item I added, and set the item's properties. I assume I just find a similar item and use it as a guide.

5. “Save Changes” and “Save TileData.” Does this likewise save the changes to art.mul and artidx.mul?​

6. Replace art, artidx and tiledata in the client folder I wish to use with the modified files.
05-20-2018 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about adding graphics/items with UOFiddler - Archaaz - 05-20-2018 09:07 PM