Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Asynchronous SQL Usage (Especially for those who suffers handling huge data):
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

The North Shield

Asynchronous SQL Usage (Especially for those who suffers handling huge data):
There are many people who complain about excessive usage of processes caused by overloading data to SQL while server running. So the main reason is that when you are using direct sql execution, whats happening is like server stops working until the data are completely transferred to database or server can shutdown because of overloading. For instance, somehow 1000 players manage registering to database and from sphere server running tries to register all of them at the same time. So guess ? What's going to happen ?. There is a solution for kind of problem I just explained. You can use Asynchronous processes that some of you might know it as aquery/aexecute.

For the detailed information please refer to https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...78253.aspx ( You can look what sync and async means)

The wiki is I think is not enough in terms of knowledge about this issue. Just the definition is there. As a matter of the fact, Sphere Server has ability to manage data handling as async. So let me explain with an example of how to register users from database to server.

First of all, let me list what functions I will use to register :

* My Function which I'm going to create myself.
* AQUERY - http://wiki.sphere.torfo.org/index.php/AQUERY

In order to register players to server I should first write database check function to call register :

PHP Code:
[function f_acc_check// Main register function to check
db.connect
// From this part, what I'm doing is calling a simple query which will be processed as background.
IF (<DB.AQUERY f_aquery_create_accSELECT FROM players WHERE status '0' and is_activated ='1'> == 0)

SERV.LOG There is a problem.
ELSE

SERV.LOG Operation successful.
ENDIF 

The next thing we should do is creating "the create account function" which we just typed above. So write your function like the following and even you can simply pass another function while the process is in background. Like;
PHP Code:
f_account_check 

=> aquery => f_acc_create => aquery

=> f_acc_pass

=> f_acc_pin Pin another password type if you like you can simply set it)
                                                             => 
f_acc_mail so and so forth
I will follow the steps like I just showed you with arrows. Let me first create account creation function like the following: ( Note: You will see that very similar query type like in normal query about numrows. It is very simple and almost same with normal query type but the process management is different)

PHP Code:
[FUNCTION f_aquery_create_acc// Register
IF (<ARGN2> == 0

SERV.LOG The command failed to execute. (<ARGS>)
ELSE

SERV.LOG Task is done., <dLOCAL.NUMROWSaccount has been created. (<ARGS>)
    FOR 
<EVAL <LOCAL.NUMROWS> - 1>
        if  <
dLOCAL.NUMROWS> > 0    
            local
.account_name <LOCAL.<dLOCAL._FOR>.player_name// table contents => player_name column

local.memberid <LOCAL.<dLOCAL._FOR>.id// id => you can set by automatic increments to it and so you can simply link players easly.

serv.account add <local.acc_name// Create account // table contents => account_name column

serv.account <local.accnametag.email "<LOCAL.<dLOCAL._FOR>.email_address>" // set email as account.tag.email

serv.account <local.accnametag.memberid <LOCAL.<dLOCAL._FOR>.id_member>    // set id as account.tag.id

var.acc_name <LOCAL.<dLOCAL._FOR>.member_name// set global variable as var.acc_name because when you pass another function to get information about account's pin, status and etc, any information you set , let say, you will need "var.acc_name".

local.password <DB.AQUERY f_aquery_create_acc_passSELECT FROM players WHERE id '<eval <local.memberid>>'  // pass another query with the information taken from previous function.

local.pin <DB.AQUERY f_aquery_create_acc_pinSELECT FROM players WHERE id'<eval <local.memberid>>' // pass another query with the information taken from previous function.

local.status <DB.AEXECUTE f_execute_callbackUPDATE players SET status '1' where id'<eval <local.memberid>>' // Set the status as "1" since this account is not a new player anymore so that next time sphere server can understand what is going to be a new account.

endif    
    ENDFOR
ENDIF
RETURN 

Now, it is time to write functions we have already passed from previous function which was " FUNCTION f_aquery_create_acc". Its going to be same as previous functions.

Let me show account password function but before, I should say important issue. As we passed our global variable we can now use it when we update already registered account's password information like [undefined=undefined]serv.account "name" "password"[/undefined]

PHP Code:
[FUNCTION f_aquery_create_acc_pass// Acc Password
IF (<ARGN2> == 0)

SERV.LOG The command failed to execute. (<ARGS>)
ELSE
    FOR 
<EVAL <LOCAL.NUMROWS> - 1>

serv.account <var.acc_namepassword <LOCAL.<dLOCAL._FOR>.acc_password// you can update password right now since we just registered account and set its password yet. 

serv.account <var.acc_nametag.password"<LOCAL.<dLOCAL._FOR>.acc_password>" // Also you can set password as tag since you might use MD5 password type and it could be problematic to check whether password is somehow changed from your WEB SITE user panel. Its wise to store it to check next time whether it stays as it is or not.

ENDFOR    
ENDIF
RETURN 

So you can pass any function you like as long as you do right things. I tried to show you with an example of how to do query as background task. You can adapt it on anything you like, especially on the process which is really handling huge data.

You can ask me a question, i'll be glad to anwer.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2015 06:06 AM by Avatar.)
08-15-2015 12:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Avatar's post

Messages In This Thread
Asynchronous SQL Usage (Especially for those who suffers handling huge data): - Avatar - 08-15-2015 12:14 AM