Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a good tool for static changes.
Jonaleth
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

RE: a good tool for static changes.
Is there no program like axis static tool. I really like that program because it works pefectly of how I am working with it.

I am using the orginial UO map, but changing and adding to/removing from it, and I want to be able to edit as many times I like. For example, in my server I have many different races with different starting locations, and I am editing these starting location to fit that race... And through time I release new updates that introduces new races, and new changes to the world. Perhaps Britain is completley in ruins then I need to be able to edit that in an already edited file. I do most changes to static0 and stadidx0 files, and changes that i do to the map files are minimal, but there are a few...

Now, I guess these programs you listed above will let me do these changes, if not I still got axis static tool to work with because it have worked perfectly until now... for some reason I just wont freeze all objects, even if I tag them all.

... I've managed to freeze these sandstone pavers with axis statictool which was excellent, but now it wont freeze other items, I just can't figure it out what makes some of the items freezable, and others not. For example;

I managed to freeze 2 parts of a sandstone table, 3 cutlasses and one decorative shield, but it didn't freeze 2 nosehelms, 2 custom made weapons (manchettes), 2 two decroative shields with swords nor some water textures and sand pavers... But however i managed to freeze the water textures after I've added some other items... which made me scratch my hair a bit, it just doesn't make any sence to me...

Sorry for writing a lot this time, but if anyone you are familiar with axis static tool that have an answer to my concern please help! Smile
If any of the listed items above can fufill my desire in editing my world without having to work around orginial files, then I'd be happy to learn how to... and one last question, is there a static tool in axis2 ? I just cannot find one! Sad
05-10-2012 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
a good tool for static changes. - Jonaleth - 05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: a good tool for static changes. - Jonaleth - 05-10-2012 11:38 PM