Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help Request for Mordaunt's Eniro_Control2.1 Script
Archaaz
Journeyman

Likes Given: 12

RE: Help Request for Mordaunt's Eniro_Control2.1 Script
(10-08-2013 07:21 AM)Anarch Cassius Wrote:  I on the other hand have been using this sucker on my test server for years and slowly cleaning it up. The Britannian version was my idea Smile

I did a lot of reworking at one point when I blamed it for an error that turned out to be sphere.ini reading my settings wrong and making the server multithreaded.

So with that in mind this is definitely cleaner and smoother but I may have gone overboard trying to fix a bug that was elsewhere. Mainly I've tweaked weather effects and made it so the update isn't fired on region enter. It probably needs more work but you can compare the two and we can go from there.

As I suspected, the main part of the problem was user error (mine). The +e_environmental was not being triggered on my existing character. When I create a new character it triggered the event, and both versions of the script worked. Admittedly there were still some kinks in the lighting of the old script, but everything else seemed to function. The lighting in your revamp works great.

Also, the new moongate system is quite a nice nod to the old single player franchise. I am trying to capture the old feeling of Ultima IV and V, and may use it, though I am also doing away with all other forms of instant travel (I think), so it might prove too much of an inconvenience.

Still testing it out, but it seems to be working well.

Thanks to Mordaunt for the original, and to you for posting your tweaked version. Great work all around.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 06:17 PM by Archaaz.)
10-08-2013 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help Request for Mordaunt's Eniro_Control2.1 Script - Archaaz - 10-08-2013 06:15 PM