• 1 Votes - 5 Average
Essence UCS
StaticZ
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Quintessence

Brick Essence UCS
[Image: essenceucs.png]
Essence UCS (Ultima Classic Client Shell) - Expand limitation of client, add new featureas that can be required for custom shards.

Requirements:
  • UO Classic Client 6.0.6.1, 6.0.14.3, 7.0.8.2, 7.0.13.4, 7.0.18.0, 7.0.23.1.
  • Microsoft Windows XP\Vista\7\8
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86)
  • Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
  • Brains and hands

Target audience: Administration and developers of Ultima Online custom RP shards. Pay attention to the word "RP" - this software is developing for specific purposes of custom RP shards, so using it on OSI style or PVP shards will cause more harm then advantage. Pay attention to the words "Administration and developers" - this software not, that call "Plug and Play", to get all its power you will need to configure client and shell and for some of features even modify server code\logic. Certainly not everything is so terrible, but nevertheless it will require your time and work too.

Project goals: expand limitation of client, add new featureas that can be required for custom shards (as you know UO allows make what you whant, but at same time it has many hardcoded limitations, which prevent your fantasy), protect game data from users to avoid cheating (i.e. using low-walls patches, inject software, turning off lighting and so on).

Supported clients: 6.0.6.1, 6.0.14.3, 7.0.8.2, 7.0.13.4, 7.0.18.0, 7.0.23.1. Most features are supported by all this clients, thow as 6.0.6.1 has much difference in logic it don't support few minor features. It's possible to add support for any client from 6.0.0.0 up to 7.0.23.1, but as it's big work I will do it only if you give essential arguments why it is so nessary and can't be replaced by any one from supporting list. And this project will never support clients early 6.0.0.0 and later 7.0.23.1 as they have much difference in logic and code, so even don't ask about this.

Distribution: Free of charge, but not public. If you are interested contact with me (by email or PM on proect's forum) and be ready to give some info about yout working or developing shard and prove that you are really developer\administrator of this shard. Nothing special, just way to prevent getting this software for people who are interested only in cheating on servers where it used.

How it works? UCS repack all client data in own format files, and only adminstration will be able to extract them back. UCS even hide client.exe to prevent for it's hacking and replacing. As the result you will have few packs and luncher which will do magic agter you run it - extract and load client code, and patch it while working.

So what is it? UCS allows user to change resolution, use upscaler (Simple2x, Pixelate2x, Scanlines2x, ScanlinesTV2x, LQ2X, HQ2X, 2XSai, SuperEagle, Super2XSai, AdMame2x, MotionBlur), low-cpu patching, autologin and so on. But the main goal of project is to give shard staff abilities to overcome client limits and make with UO what they whant, for example to change map sizes, replacing muls, increase harcoded sound & music limitations, use dynamic statics, protect client from modifications by players and cheating, customise client hardcoded gumps and messages, easy updating client and data (it's also have functionality of patcher with very good compression ration), implement some new RP features, for example fog of war on minimap and much much more. In general concept is from one hande just to make anithing that can be done customisable and from other implement some needed by RP shards features, for example overcoming x86 platform limitation for using 2GB memmory or making validation for rule "1 person = 1 account".

Warning: Custom (modified) clients and any other software as "injection"\"razor" will not work with UCS. And it's strongly recommended not to use client 6.0.6.1 and 6.0.14.3 clients - thow they are supported, but there support is not full and never testing by me.

Project is in active developing - more features will be added by time... For more information visit proect's forum

Few screens:

Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 07:47 AM by StaticZ.)
07-15-2014 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like StaticZ's post
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

RE: Essence UCS
Nice work, it looks really fine. BTW can't see images, remove ' ' from [url ] codes, also the img links from servuo can't be seen without being logged in their webpage.

PS: I would like to test and to suggest some things, like cooldown's bar in example, also a possible fix for the new boat's movement packet would be nice to allow people walking while boats are moving ... phew, long list!
07-15-2014 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

yes, you should fix the images sisi
07-15-2014 11:01 PM
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

Your work is awesome StaticZ.
I would like to test it in my local server.
How can I get it?

PS: fixed the images links but not the servuo ones.

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
07-16-2014 02:10 AM
StaticZ
Apprentice

Quintessence

(07-15-2014 11:01 PM)darksun84 Wrote:  yes, you should fix the images sisi
I reload screens and add few new ones. Dumn servuo replaced links for his own....

(07-16-2014 02:10 AM)Extreme Wrote:  I would like to test it in my local server.
How can I get it?
(07-15-2014 09:00 PM)XuN Wrote:  I would like to test and to suggest some things, like cooldown's bar in example, also a possible fix for the new boat's movement packet would be nice to allow people walking while boats are moving ... phew, long list!

It seems nobody like to read:
(07-15-2014 04:06 PM)StaticZ Wrote:  If you are interested contact with me (by email or PM on proect's forum) and be ready to give some info about your working or developing shard and prove that you are really developer\administrator of this shard.

PS And one more again this not for players, it's not like razor or inject. Users will get some kind of "SDK" with help of it they will need to deploy client, convert data files and configure it and server. As there result you will get client without muls which can be used for playing and so must be destributed to your players. Any other software like razor\inject not supported, multiclients - not supported, most clients - not supported (check list in 1st post), "easy deploying" - not supported. Brains and hands required )))

Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...
07-16-2014 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
evening
Journeyman

Finally Land

This is a very Cool feature, want to participate in the test
07-16-2014 12:23 PM
admin phoenix
Master

Likes Given: 1

very very good work.
as I understand maybe in the future you can add customs gumps for the paperdoll for example remaking the paperdoll with new layers and so on?
new effect for spells???
is it right???
07-16-2014 04:59 PM
StaticZ
Apprentice

Quintessence

(07-16-2014 04:59 PM)admin phoenix Wrote:  as I understand maybe in the future you can add customs gumps for the paperdoll for example remaking the paperdoll with new layers and so on?
Its one of milestones, but I can't promis anything as this depended on how it was coded in client. Thow I had idea to replace gump engine with own, but this will not be soon...

07-16-2014 08:21 PM
StaticZ
Apprentice

Quintessence

And finaly 0.6.04 version was released, review of new features in video:

05-01-2015 07:29 AM
[+] 3 users Like StaticZ's post
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

Re: RE: Essence UCS
(05-01-2015 07:29 AM)StaticZ Wrote:  And finaly 0.6.04 version was released, review of new features in video:

Good job buddy!

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
05-01-2015 01:30 PM