SphereCommunity
FTP - Printable Version

+- SphereCommunity (https://forum.spherecommunity.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UO/Sphere Discussion (/Forum-UO-Sphere-Discussion)
+--- Thread: FTP (/Thread-FTP)

FTP - frederick - 06-10-2015 11:33 PM

What's the best way to run a ftp server to be able to change scripts on your server?

I have been trying to use x lite ftp server, but still can't seem to get my port forwarding working with router so I can access it from out side world, but I can access locally through ftp locally if I type in my local ip address.

Any thoughts on either?

RE: FTP - Extreme - 06-10-2015 11:46 PM

Well, you need open the port in your router. It's simple just google "myrouter port forwarding"

RE: FTP - Coruja - 06-11-2015 02:55 AM

there's no "best way", but the "only way" Tongue
you must create the port fowarding rule on your router no matter what FTP server are you using

PS: also a little trick is enable the UPnP setting on your router. If you leave UPnP setting enabled on your router and use an UPnP-compatible FTP server, the FTP server will automatically create the port fowarding rule on your router

RE: FTP - frederick - 06-11-2015 04:28 AM

yeah I was reading about the upnp. I have to see if my router has the upnp support option.

I did tell my router to port forward 21 to my internal ip but still doesn't work I will have to try messing more around with the upnp and see if I can get that to work.

I know that upnp is built right into the ftp server program im using.

RE: FTP - frederick - 06-11-2015 08:57 AM

what software does everyone else use for a ftp server?

FTP - roberpot - 06-11-2015 03:31 PM

I do not use any ftp software. I use a git repository and a custom software to deploy.

RE: FTP - Ben - 06-11-2015 08:30 PM

Currently using vsftpd on a Linux machine

RE: FTP - frederick - 06-16-2015 02:12 AM

figured out the problem. it was the anti virus. lol had allow ports to be open and a permission thing with in and out traffic.