SphereCommunity
Can someone pls help me get this weapon with effect working right - Printable Version

+- SphereCommunity (https://forum.spherecommunity.net)
+-- Forum: Expired/Outdated Versions (/Forum-Expired-Outdated-Versions)
+--- Forum: Sphere 51a Help (/Forum-Sphere-51a-Help)
+--- Thread: Can someone pls help me get this weapon with effect working right (/Thread-Can-someone-pls-help-me-get-this-weapon-with-effect-working-right)

Can someone pls help me get this weapon with effect working right - Admin Drew - 06-24-2013 07:34 PM

Hi all.. it's been a little while since I scripted and am using sphere 51a now versus TUS 48e so the scripting is a little different. I am just trying to make a magic weapon that will make a spell effect when it attacks a monster and also send a sys message when equipped. I am guessing I got the trigger tags or something wrong and don't even know if ONTRIGGER=Attack is a correct tag, so pls give me a hand with this script if you can. I would really appreciate it!! Also, if I wanted the effect to add a little more damage how would it look?
Here it is and try not to laugh too hard lol(=
Thanks guys!!

Magic Sword With Effect & Message- Not Working
[XXXX]
ID=29bb
TYPE=13
DAM=15-30
COLOR=00
HITPOINTS=31-90
SPEED=40
SKILL=Swordsmanship
REQSTR=10
TWOHANDS=N
ONTRIGGER=EQUIP
SRC.SYSMESSAGE You Feel Magic In The Blade
ONTRIGGER=ATTACK
SRC.EFFECT=3,03728,6,15,1

RE: Can someone pls help me get this weapon with effect working right - Mordaunt - 06-24-2013 09:15 PM

This is the wrong board... moving to 51a

RE: Can someone pls help me get this weapon with effect working right - Mulambo - 06-25-2013 07:52 AM

1) ontrigger=damage
2) u have to add some dmg like SRC.DAMAGE=20-30

so

Code:
ONTRIGGER=DAMAGE
    SRC.EFFECT=your_effect
    SRC.DAMAGE=20-30 // or anything you want (might be event SRC.DAMAGE=(<CONT.STR>/3)