SphereCommunity
Housing - Printable Version

+- SphereCommunity (https://forum.spherecommunity.net)
+-- Forum: Sphere 0.56d (/Forum-Sphere-0-56d)
+--- Forum: Script Submissions (/Forum-Script-Submissions)
+--- Thread: Housing (/Thread-Housing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Housing - Rattlehead - 08-14-2013 08:24 AM

damn, i missed that i guess, havent got any errors like this that i know about, my bad Tongue

RE: Housing - Mordaunt - 08-14-2013 08:30 AM

Wasn't you I don't think. Looks like it's what I put in.

RE: Housing - Mordaunt - 08-15-2013 05:32 AM

v2.1.3

Fixed: Glitch that was causing brass signs (ones with no link and not related to a valid house) to display tooltip from the housing system.
All default brass signs will now display as per their default settings.

Fixed: Erroneous "house scheduled for demolition" error on using door.

Error on door fixed on version listed as uploaded @ Aug 14th, 2013, 8:37 pm

RE: Housing - Soulless - 09-04-2013 11:19 PM

welp, i suppose its time i update this system on my server Smile

RE: Housing - Mordaunt - 09-05-2013 12:24 AM

Oh so you are still working then? thought you'd given up Tongue

RE: Housing - Soulless - 09-05-2013 01:37 AM

well haha, i just found out what was causing me so much grief. so i put it up on the amazon free tier cloud again. Smile wanna be my first test login in a bit? you know you want to.

RE: Housing - Mordaunt - 09-24-2013 10:26 PM

V 2.1.4

New: Streamlined all fee payments.

RE: Housing - Mordaunt - 10-16-2013 04:05 AM

MAJOR UPDATE!

DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE IF YOU ARE RUNNING A SERVER VERSION OLDER THAN 01/02/2009
From this version on, the script uses LISTS to hold the co-owner, friend, access & ban lists.
Instead tell me where to find you so I can come and give you a slap and make you upgrade your server.

That said some serious bugs and exploits have been fixed in this version, so it IS in your interests to upgrade to this new version of the script.

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING TO THIS VERSION FROM ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF THIS SCRIPT OR ANY OTHER HOUSING SCRIPT
You MUST run the function .HOUSE_LIST_CONVERT after installing the script.
This will convert houses placed with earlier versions of the script to use lists and run correctly in this and any newer versions

This function is seperate from the actual script and can be found here

----------------------------------------------------> house_list_convert function <---------------------------------------------------

If replacing an different housing script with this I cannot guarantee that any friend/co-owner lists are carried over as this function only looks for the specific tags I used in previous versions. It will however perform the house tally and log it to the owner's account.

The script itself is on the usual link which I will also paste here: Housing v2.2

New installs do NOT need to follow the above instructions.

Code:
V2.2:

NEW:    Co-Owner, Friend, Ban, Access lists for houses all pushed to lists instead of tags

ADDED: Estate Tax for players with more than def.estate_tax houses.  
ADDED: Refresh override, GMs can refresh any house FREE, though activity will be logged to the console
ADDED: If a house decays while a player is online they will be notified. (it's too late to do anything about it though)
ADDED: Refund/Redeed fee support if redeed_custom is turned on.

FIXED: Putting house up for now sale clears tax exemption tag if it exists
FIXED: Syntax error making transferring house impossible if def.account_house_limit active
FIXED: Monthly Property Tax fee per month still showing on page 1 if house is exempt from decay.
FIXED: Timer expired without DECAY flag error
FIXED: Incorrect text text displaying for list switch wipe
FIXED: resendtooltip error when creating a UID only chest.
FIXED: Attempting to lock down NPC causing errors (reported by darksun... you know the same guy that wanted to friend npc's, now he wants to lock them down and flip them.. clearly he is some kind of deviant)
FIXED: Players able to secure their and other players backpacks  (VERY VERY BAD)
FIXED: Trash Can being sent to players bank on redeed.
FIXED: Errors when buying a house listed by Britannic Realtors.

UPDATED: Amount of houses owned by an account recorded regardless of setting and stored on account based LIST
UPDATED: can_access & is_ banned priv check renamed to is_access & is_ban for streamlined functionality
UPDATED: account_house_limit can now be altered at will. Players will not be able to place/receive more in transfer while over this hard limit
UPDATED: heavy @step event altered and moved to @enter trigger instead (lighter)
UPDATED: Maintenance is now renamed to Property Tax (region tags for override remain the same for the sake of backward compatibility)
UPDATED: defname settings now more organised
UPDATED: Redeeding caused upgrades AND money from upgrades to be lost, this is now used to pay some or all of the redeeding fee with unused money refunded.
UPDATED: secure chests can now be accessed from outside the house region if LOS permits. (in the same way that doors can be accessed from outside the region)
UPDATED: Co-owner, friend, ban & access lists, gump display all now driven by same render function
UPDATED: Adding players to the house lists now all powered by the same add_list function
UPDATED: Purchasing a house listed as "for sale" by a player no longer resets the house decay timer,  Purchasing a house listed "for sale" by Britannic Realtors DOES reset the decay timer.
UPDATED: Decay time now shows on "for sale" houses not listed by Britannic Realtors
UPDATED: Timers on houses listed "for sale" by a player will continue to count down to decay and perform their normal operation when the timer expires.

REMOVED: door_is  functions, no longer required
REMOVED: fallfix event as it doesn't appear to be an issue any longer
REMOVED: access_inhibit no longer required
REMOVED: f_refund no longer required.

Whew!

A lot of updates in this version, I know this list is long but you might want to take a minute to read it as the mechanics of some features have changed, hoping that with all these changes and fixes that the script is bug free. It has been extensively tested and found to be idiot proof by darksun84... not sure what that says but still...

While I have given admins the ability to charge players more in taxes with the addition of the estate tax functionality (as well as the regional overrides in a previous version) I have small made a move in favor of the player here also in this version:

When redeeding a property now players will be refunded any money they spent on increased secure storage or extra slots the friend/co-owner list. In the case of custom houses they will also now be refunded all money spent in "building" their house, where before I had neglected to support this feature and so money and parts would be lost if a custom house was redeeded. (if custom redeeding is turned on you must still have the deeds for the foundations in your script pack),
If the fee for redeeding is turned on (which it is by default) this charge will be deducted from any refund due. If the refund does not cover the redeed fee, the player will be charged for whatever is left after the refund is applied to the fee.

A summary of the new taxes and fees and how they work can be found at the bottom of the first post of this thread

RE: Housing - Anarch Cassius - 10-16-2013 08:50 AM

Awesome. Good to see one of my favorite scripts is being worked on. The brass sign thing irritated me. This system is awesome especially with the static system. I always thought players should be able to have houses in town. It's fun roleplaying and takes some burden off the wilderness.

RE: Housing - Mordaunt - 10-16-2013 10:09 AM

Thanks Big Grin

You mean the tooltip thing where it was displaying for all brass signs in the world? Was one of those things I missed when I first did it, and no one reported it. Hoping this new version clears out a lot of old bugs and stuff that I didn't even consider.
Surprised none of the issues were reported actually, the script is 6 or 7 years old now.