SphereCommunity
Out of Bounds Errors - Printable Version

+- SphereCommunity (https://forum.spherecommunity.net)
+-- Forum: Sphere 0.56d (/Forum-Sphere-0-56d)
+--- Forum: Script Help (/Forum-Script-Help)
+--- Thread: Out of Bounds Errors (/Thread-Out-of-Bounds-Errors)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Out of Bounds Errors - xwerswoodx - 08-19-2012 03:01 AM

VAR.TEMPY=<VAR0.TEMPY> + <ddef.gembit_gap>

where is the eval? or

VAR.TEMPY +=<ddef.gembit_gap>

RE: Out of Bounds Errors - Mordaunt - 08-19-2012 03:28 AM

Currently working on v1.4 - when I am not otherwise distracted Tongue

By allowing the user to isolate the different land tile types (t_sand, t_jungle) the spawner can be run more than once, by cycling through and spawning each found tile type at a time. In much the way that I illustrated further up this thread with the different spawning densities for water/land.
This way t_sand, t_snow, t_dirt e.t.c... can be spawned seperately with gembits closer together to create a more consistent spawn within these areas. Have also shifted the amount per gembit into defs so these can be tweaked per tile type spawned.
Will also run through looking for any weird syntax errors I have included, though nothing is currently causing issues within the script

RE: Out of Bounds Errors - Mordaunt - 08-19-2012 11:01 AM

Ok, sorted out v1.4

Created toggles for each detected terrain type to turn on/off spawning, this way you can run just 1 terrain, or multiple terrains at a time, allowing with adjustements (and a resync) between uses the ability to space gembits differently and get better coverage on those "small" areas of a different terrain (doesn't fix those semi sealed off areas of grass but then a gembit in those would likely flood that area with spawns)
Added def settings to change number of creatures from the gembits on each terrain
Added def settings to adjust timer lengths for land gembits, with a seperate one for water gembits, incase you wish to run it all in one go.
Dirt spawns changed to farm animal types
Removed 0800f which was never actually set as the grass spawn due to high likelyhood of "hostile" monsters (remember this is a background spawner)
Added support for MAP5 - Untested