SphereCommunity

Full Version: Dragon Breath and Magic Reflection Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm using 56b Nightly

I have a problem with dragons;

When the dragon sees the players, it attacks normally, but while the magic reflection spell is active on the player, the dragon's first Explosion (Vas Ort Flam) spell is not blocked by magic reflection and the player takes damage and the magic reflection effect remains on the player.

When the dragon casts Explosion (Vas Ort Flam) on the same player for the 2nd time, the magic reflection blocks the spell and the player takes no damage.

This problem is when the Dragon sees the player for the first time and attacks.

I changed the dragon's brain to "brain_monster", but this time he is in dilemma if I cast my spell or throw my fist.

I think the problem is in "brain_dragon"

I will be glad if you help.
You are correct.

brain_dragon inherently breathes fire. This acts like an explosion spell, but it is not. When a dragon attacks a player, it will always breathe fire first. As it isn't actually a spell, it won't be reflected or trigger any magical protection.

If you wanted a dragon to cast a reflectable explosion, you'd likely want to give it the brain_monster and force it to cast explosion on attack (potentially on a cooldown)
Okay then

What does the Magic Reflection spell mean?

When changed to Brain_moster, it becomes undecided whether to cast an Explosion spell.

Also, my Dragons are very clever, navigating around magic walls trying hard to attack
Reference URL's