SphereCommunity

Full Version: [EVENT] Treasure Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm going to share some scripts that although have been made for a very peculiar kind of server, some of you may find them interesting and useful and could adapt them to your own servers.

First of all, this is an improvement of a script previously shared in this forums: http://forum.spherecommunity.net/Thread-Treasure-Hunt

Although the mechanics of this script/event are the same as the previously shared one, this is totally automated. It requires no time to set up and there is no need for any staff intervention during the event. If you want you can even schedule it to start at X hour just by forcing sphere to trigger the function.

So, as the name suggests, this event is a Treasure Hunt.

To start the event you have to type .thunt <Number of Clues>, where the <Number of Clues> must be a number between 12 and 48, both included. It is recommended that you either type 12, 24, 36 or 48 for the event to run smoothly, but it is not mandatory.

Doing this will spawn <Number of Clues> +1 chests across the map, being the first one placed at Britain Bridge, and each one containing a clue to the next one, except for the last chest that contains the event prize.

[Image: image.jpg]

What players have to do is find every chest by their correct order, starting by the chest located at Britain Bridge and ending with the event prize chest. The first player to find every chest wins the event.

To find a clue players only need to double-click the green chests. This will place a map in their backpacks which is the clue that will lead them to the next chest.

There are 48 different maps (like the one in the image above) already scripted. Once you type .thunt <Number of Clues>, the script will automatically pick <Number of Clues> random maps from the 48 available.

There is no time limit and the event will only be over once someone wins.

During the event, and as you could notice in the first picture, players can type .thuntratings to see who is currently ahead on the hunt.

Players may also type .thunthint and target the current map clue they are trying to decipher if they want to get a Hint for it.

Hints are limited to 1/4 of the total amount of clues and they may only be used until 1/2 of the chests are found.

So for example, in a Treasure Hunt with 24 clues, players may ask for a maximum of 6 hints (24/4=6) as long as they have not found 12 chests already (24/2=12).

A hint can either be the sextant coordinates of the next chest, like you can see in the picture, or the exactly location of the chest, like 3179,804, or a direction like E from Vesper. The hint you get from this 3 is random. Once you get an hint you can either single-click the map to read it again or type .thunthint and target the map again.

You may also have noticed on the picture that once you ask for an hint you are also provided with a Quest Arrow in your screen. Following it will also lead you to the map. It may not be that useful when you are too far away, but when you are getting closer it will take you right there.

Every chest is located somewhere in Felucca. Chests are not in guarded zones, safe zones, water, dungeons, etc. They are all at accessible locations to all players.

Once someone finds every chest the event will be over:

Players who find 3/4 and 2/3 of the total chests are also rewarded accordingly.

Players participating in the event will have a message displayed above their head, showing their current progress, and a sysmessage will be sent to everyone in the server in case they die.

There are no penalties or whatsoever for being in the event, so there's no big deal if you want to give up half way through.

There are no rules either, you are free to do anything you want.

I guess I'm not forgetting anything, but if you got any question just ask.

If you want to try it out you just need to change the DEFNAME UID of where the event ratings tags are stored. You may also want to change the rewards, just search for i_pvptoken and replace with something else you want.
Looks like an improved version of my thunt script Smile nice job
Thanks Tongue Yes it is!
Thanks !

How can i download it? It keeps saying

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link."

But my account is already activated....

Strange
i had the same problem but try this :

log out
try to download the file
Forum ask for login
login again
bingo Tongue
Is there any reason I cannot download files?!
i can not download it!
could anyone send me this script?
Download: https://forum.spherecommunity.net/attach...hp?aid=300

But otherwise, this script can normally be downloaded from the attachment from the first post.
Reference URL's