SphereCommunity

Full Version: help running sphere 56b behind router
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so i have a shard that i have been working on for a long time now and now that it is close to being complete i want to through it on the internet. however it seems ppl are unable to connect to my network.
i have forwarded all the necessary ports and have even tried to dmz the computer, and also sphere is setup correctly. i have tried the serv.servip in the sphere_serv_triggers.scp. and also tried to the old way to setup sphere behind router with creating the extra server in the sphere.ini.

So i know its not my ports, because when i check canyouseeme.org its all a go, the ip for canyouseeme.org even show up in the sphere console for the server. and also when ppl connect they show up in the console and then get booted right away.

now also i have done this before, setup sphere through a router. but when i did it was with a bell modem with the built in router. i have a cable one now with no built in router. but anyway when i did it with the bell router i would dmz the comp and it would change my comps ip to the public one. and then when sphere would boot up it would monitor my router ip 192.168.0.100 (or whatever it was) as well as my public and that worked, but when i dmz on this router it doesnt change my ip and sphere wont monitor my public ip. i have no clue as to what the problem is i assume either sphere or router, but everything is the same in sphere as before only thing that has changed is router.

oh and also when i dont have router and i connect directly it works perfectly fine so its not my isp. sry for super long post but there was alot to be said, any one got ideas as to what the problem is?
Hardware firewall blocking it?
canyouseeme.org dont always work....

also u should try doing your port forwarding again some times it dont work first time i know mine took a while to get working...

also

try using http://www.no-ip.com/ that way it will sort your ip out for u
Please review the forums rules.... the same post does not need to appear on multiple boards
yes i know about rules i am sry just thought it was in wrong section of site, anyway i have no fire walls on computer blocking it, i will also add when someone tries to connect to me it shows up in sphere console just when i try to connect through my home network i have to use the router ip to connect or for it to even show up in the console, but i do get it in. also i have tried no-ip and it is the same deal, nothing changes at all.
You are giving players your EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS right?
And then just forwarding port 2593 to your server's network address...
The .ini setting and/or sphere_serv_triggers.scp setting should be your EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS or the address supplied by no-ip.
Just wanting to make sure that is what your doing....
ok so good news guys i got it to work, i myself cant connect with public ip but others from outside the network can connect to me just fine, i think it was something to do with client encryptions but wooohoo got it Big Grin
Why would YOU want to connect with the public IP?
If your on the host machine you always connect with 127.0.0.1
I am with the following problem, I have configured the router to the ip of the server (shard), configured the router with the dns noip, 2593, all normal, sphere_serv_triggers.scp with noip in sphere.ini when I put it in the noip error -9 when I put 127.0.0.1 it appears on the console the ip of the computer on the network in the case 192.168.1.101, when I try to log in sphere appears to attempt more when I click on the name of the shard that appears is to try again later, what I do.

thank you
Reference URL's