SphereCommunity

Full Version: Edit the chars on login.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I have some question.

How can I do something like this:

Code:
ON=@LOGIN
modar=0
if <statsum> > 235
send a prepared page like : (This char have more stats than the max!)
return 1
endif
if <skillsum> > 750
send a prepared page like: (This char have more skills than the max!)
return 1
endif

The MODAR=0 can scrub something?
How can I send a prepared page or a advice to the OFFLINE administrators? any way?

Thanks!

Lazarus.
Do you mean to have the characters stats/skills "fixed" if they're over the cap?

The problem you'll have is the server wont know what skills or stats the player wishes to lower, so to do it, you'd have to have a DIALOG popup informing the player his stats or skills are above the cap, and ask them what they would like to lower to bring their characters back down to the cap. You could do this with a somewhat simple DIALOG. If you want it done automatically, I'm not sure how you could pick what stats/skills to lower without just picking something random.. and that could royally piss a player off if that happens to be his 100.0 blackmsmithing.

and MODAR is just your character's modified AR adjustment. MODAR 5, for example, would give you 5 AR, even naked.
(10-15-2012 11:05 PM)Rayvolution Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean to have the characters stats/skills "fixed" if they're over the cap?

The problem you'll have is the server wont know what skills or stats the player wishes to lower, so to do it, you'd have to have a DIALOG popup informing the player his stats or skills are above the cap, and ask them what they would like to lower to bring their characters back down to the cap. You could do this with a somewhat simple DIALOG. If you want it done automatically, I'm not sure how you could pick what stats/skills to lower without just picking something random.. and that could royally piss a player off if that happens to be his 100.0 blackmsmithing.

and MODAR is just your character's modified AR adjustment. MODAR 5, for example, would give you 5 AR, even naked.

So I can use that on=@login
modar = 0
right?

and, it's just a advice to administrators that if you have 750+ skills, will advice to the adm.

How can I do it?

THanks!
PHP Code:
on=@login 
 modar 

why you want to do this? this can cause bugs with characters armors if you are using modar in any script like:

PHP Code:
[itemdef xxx]
on=@equip
src
.modar += 10

on
=@unequip
src
.modar -= 10 

then when you logout with that item and login after your characters armor will be corrupted.

for your other question you can just a create item and rename it, or hold data on a tag.

PHP Code:
if <skilltotal> > 750
    serv
.newitem i_deed

new.name=s:<skilltotalu:<uid>
    new.
cont=<uid of gms backpack>
endif 
(10-16-2012 05:18 PM)Shaklaban Wrote: [ -> ]
PHP Code:
on=@login 
 modar 

why you want to do this? this can cause bugs with characters armors if you are using modar in any script like:

PHP Code:
[itemdef xxx]
on=@equip
src
.modar += 10

on
=@unequip
src
.modar -= 10 

then when you logout with that item and login after your characters armor will be corrupted.

for your other question you can just a create item and rename it, or hold data on a tag.

PHP Code:
if <skilltotal> > 750
    serv
.newitem i_deed

new.name=s:<skilltotalu:<uid>
    new.
cont=<uid of gms backpack>
endif 

Thanks for that!

I not have a item with modar, just AR.

I can use it? the on=@login? ??
ModAR = 0 wont do anything to your players if you have no items or scripts that change the player's ModAR away from 0.

ModAR in the most simply terms is your characters base AR rating with no armor what so ever on. I use it for protection-style buffs and what not. It's very handy for giving a player AR values *outside* of armor. But if you're not using it for anything, then setting it to 0 on@Login won't do anything.

I'm a bit confused though, are you just wanting to notify GMs when a player is over the skillcap? If so, what Shaklaban said would work, just have on=@login do the check, if the value it too high generate an item and bounce it to the GM's backpack that notifies him that someone is over the limit.

With more complicated scripting, you could even send a dialog to the player and the GM, informing them of the situation. But that takes a bit more work.
(10-17-2012 02:16 PM)Rayvolution Wrote: [ -> ]ModAR = 0 wont do anything to your players if you have no items or scripts that change the player's ModAR away from 0.

ModAR in the most simply terms is your characters base AR rating with no armor what so ever on. I use it for protection-style buffs and what not. It's very handy for giving a player AR values *outside* of armor. But if you're not using it for anything, then setting it to 0 on@Login won't do anything.

I'm a bit confused though, are you just wanting to notify GMs when a player is over the skillcap? If so, what Shaklaban said would work, just have on=@login do the check, if the value it too high generate an item and bounce it to the GM's backpack that notifies him that someone is over the limit.

With more complicated scripting, you could even send a dialog to the player and the GM, informing them of the situation. But that takes a bit more work.

if <skilltotal> > 750
serv.newitem i_deed
new.name=s:<skilltotal> u:<uid>
new.cont=<uid of gms backpack>
endif

this should work ^_^

----

Thanks, and yep, ill use that of modar 0

Thanks again!
Reference URL's