SphereCommunity

Full Version: SphereServer Windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

This might be a stupid topic but I have not seen anywhere that explicitly states that Sphere is compatible with Windows 7. I have been trying to get my shard up and running and have had issues with outside connections so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone is aware on any issues using a Win 7 machine as a server.
(06-15-2012 12:07 AM)Painkiller Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

This might be a stupid topic but I have not seen anywhere that explicitly states that Sphere is compatible with Windows 7. I have been trying to get my shard up and running and have had issues with outside connections so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone is aware on any issues using a Win 7 machine as a server.

Of course you can use windows7 as your server.
What is your problem?
I would be happy to help you =D
Well I can get connections to my server from other computers on my home network but not outside connections. Here's my original post:
http://forum.spherecommunity.net/showthr...p?tid=1152
No issues with both 32 and 64 bit windows 7 Big Grin
still having issues i see =[

can you copy in your sphere.ini (will only need the first connection bit and the port bit at the end)
can you also add a picture showing and ip config of your computer (black out all but your computers ip on the network if you want)
can you also add a picture showing what ports you have forwarded.

My feeling is that somewhere along these lines you have not configured the sphere ini / network connection properly so that; your network doesn't open the port for your computer, or sphere isn't using the right ip / port.

**note, can you also make sure the ip at the bottom of the sphere.ini corresponds to that on http://www.whatismyip.com/
Not sure if its the same issue or not, but I was trying to set up sphere on a computer the other day (something I have done many times) and ran into an odd problem. The modem doubled as a router, but it was crappy so they also have a linksys router. The trick was to forward all incoming traffic to the linksys (dont remember what that's called) and then set up port forwarding on the linksys. Never did get uo to connect externally, but here's the strange thing; when I'd go to a port forward checker site, I could see the ip login and back out on the sphere server! This was with Comcast xfinity.
im using W8 beta pre-release 64 bits build 8400 and don't have problems with sphere server ^_^
Works fine and perfectly ^_^

Sry for my english.

[NOTE: USE WIN XP SP 3 COMPATIBILITY IN RAZOR Tongue]
I use windows 7 x86. Tongue I don't have any issues.
Reference URL's