SphereCommunity

Full Version: Foreign Languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-27-2012 03:47 AM)Skul Wrote: [ -> ]Totally been wanting something like this forever. I know french fluently, and english is my birth language. So I'm billingual in that sense, my server at one time had so many brazillian/portuguese players that I was in desperate attempt to translate the NPC speech files to make things better for the french and 'portuguese/brazillian' community. Problem, it would've taken weeks just to translate all that gibberish written down. It's too bad, I wouldn't mind doing a french translation to help this one out.

Whats your shard Skul? I'm brazilian =D
Marchadium, I just put it back online. I had a bunch of players join when BurstFireUO went offline. So many it was almost a necessity to have a translator LOL. Well, as I mentioned I can do a french translation, but the time it takes is so long, the speech files are huge. I'm willing to though, as long as others are willing to provide a translation too.
(06-27-2012 08:58 AM)Skul Wrote: [ -> ]Marchadium, I just put it back online. I had a bunch of players join when BurstFireUO went offline. So many it was almost a necessity to have a translator LOL. Well, as I mentioned I can do a french translation, but the time it takes is so long, the speech files are huge. I'm willing to though, as long as others are willing to provide a translation too.
I think you can keep the main language as english...
Well, translate everything to french and portugueses will spent a lot of time...
Purpose is to read the player's <account.lang> value and base all speech/text off that. Considering this is for a sphereserver pack, it should effect combat messages, NPC speech and anything that generally sends a message.
(06-27-2012 10:38 AM)Skul Wrote: [ -> ]Purpose is to read the player's <account.lang> value and base all speech/text off that. Considering this is for a sphereserver pack, it should effect combat messages, NPC speech and anything that generally sends a message.
If you use only clilocs, just tell them to change the cliloc.enu to cliloc.fra =D
ok wait, i don't! but then i think, do NPCs speak through clilocs? Not that I remembered... I get the idea if you're not interested, I'm still shouting I am. Don't sweat it.
(06-27-2012 01:42 PM)Skul Wrote: [ -> ]ok wait, i don't! but then i think, do NPCs speak through clilocs? Not that I remembered... I get the idea if you're not interested, I'm still shouting I am. Don't sweat it.

Cloud_BR used cliloc on all npc speeches, I think it works
Am sorry to express my opinion, but I think that if those sections were made, there is really nothing to lose, only to increase this community, there will aways ppl here that know other languages and that can help those who do not know, so... if this come true, there reallly nothing to regret!
Instead of creating new forums for other Languages, just ad a "Language Section" to this Forum, where everybody can post theyr translated scriptpacks and perhaps translated toutorials. this would simplify things for new members of foreign languages. Technical stuff is often hard to translate and easily misunderstood in foreign languages, unless you are almost bilingual.

yust a proposalWink
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's