Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
races bodies
Osirirs
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

RE: races bodies
Oooh its exactly what I was wondering, its pretty much the only explanation, thanks pointhz Smile and its exactly what I needed ^^
09-08-2015 03:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

(09-08-2015 01:38 AM)pointhz Wrote:  @statchange only fires when a stat is changed through skill gain. That's why it wasnt working.

Keep the event e_statss with only:

On=@statchange
Return 1

That way you can be sure that players wont gain stats with skills, only through your race menu.

That's not true, @StatChange is firing in every change on stats: from SkillGain, typing .str ingame, via script or when using modstr, ostr... it works in every stat change.

If you want to disable stat gains change every stat-related variable from each skill in sphere_skills.scp to 0 so checks won't be made... or you can create a tag in @SkillGain and check that tag in the @StatChange to return 1 and remove it (you'll have to think a way to clear it if there was no gain intended to prevent some problems under other circumstances).

Using return 1 in @StatChange trigger will prevent you from changing stats IN ANY WAY, no gain from skills, no changes from GMs, no raises from items, etc

So if that trigger is not working for you... what build are you using? The most probable reason is that you are using a build older than the one with these changes.
09-08-2015 05:53 PM
Osirirs
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

Well I am using 56b pre release, and updated spheresvr.exe with the most recent one in the downloads. Unless I have to get it somewhere else ? Where is the most recent and stable build ?
09-09-2015 03:12 AM
pointhz
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

Alright Xun, thanks. I wrote what I understood from the wiki Tongue
09-09-2015 03:15 AM