• 0 Votes - 0 Average
notoriety and tag.name.hue
massis87
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

D&W 8thAge

notoriety and tag.name.hue
idk if is correct but i remember this.
from sphere 55 players notorieties names shows before tag.name.hue. (but not with notogood)
and would be great, becouse many sphere shards use tag.name.hue for custom races (orcs green name for example).
"now", i mean from 56c, notoriety names (and only names, body color is ok) trick before tag.name.hue .
now i see on the revisions etc whats happen, but, i cant override the noto after the tag.name.hue.
i see a new trigger, @notosend , i try to use it with correct values but keep the trick before tag.name.hue.

now i have a question.
how much impact have on stability a custom @notosend if i wanna set only for NotoGood color seven differents value? (for seven differents race)

Quote:This trigger fires when a character's notoriety is being sent on a packet update (its fired a lot of times, keep it light and clean of code).

There are worse ways to understand the sense of the word: no. Ranting
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 11:23 AM by massis87.)
10-23-2017 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

RE: notoriety and tag.name.hue
honestly I don't get the point, but anyway, on sphere 56d it will first read TAG.NOTO.HUE, and if there's nothing set it will use default noto color from sphere.ini. But this doesn't change the notoriety value, it only change the name color

on the other hand, @NotoSend overrides the entire notoriety, noto value and noto color set here will be saved on char memories, but afaik the purpose here is only change noto X to another noto Y that already exists (eg: change red to gray, consider red as blue, etc) instead create more notoriety values. You can also keep the default noto values and also change its color, eg: you can keep blue notoriety as blue (NotoGood), but showing light blue on humans and dark blue on gargoyles. If you change the color here you don't have to change it again using TAG.NAME.HUE

@NotoSend is called every time sphere calculate an notoriety (usually when every new char appears on screen). Sphere will keep all noto on cache for X seconds (NotoTimeOut) to avoid too much recalculations. Sphere already call all the notoriety code internally and any modern hardware can handle this with no drawbacks but we must always alert ppl to avoid heavy codes on these triggers
10-25-2017 03:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
massis87
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

D&W 8thAge

RE: notoriety and tag.name.hue
the point is, time ago with the tag.name.hue i change only the noto_good color and keep the others default notoriety values.
and with this "option" "bug" or what do u want, i can show to other players the races of my shards and kepp the evils criminal wars ally etc as default.
now, tag.name.hue override all and only the name of the players, but the body, status bar,dclick etc is the default notoriety.
for example if i set a tag.name.hue green on a player and he have kills more than 10, i see the name green, but the body status bar dclick etc red.
time go if i set tag.name green on a player and he have kills more than 10, i see him red on all.

i wanna try to return on this impo but i think is impossible now.

There are worse ways to understand the sense of the word: no. Ranting
10-26-2017 12:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply