new injection release
07-18-2013 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: new injection release
ahhhhhhhhhh, i used to use it when i was a player Tongue

Currently, what are the main difference between it and razor ?

i tried it, but it gives me the error win 32 application not valid blabla Tongue
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 07:11 PM by darksun84.)
07-18-2013 07:07 PM
Alaric
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

With yoko (in czech republic its also phoenix, where you script in c# and (lua I guess?)) you can do more things, such as autoloots/ignore light level/use external statbars/target assistents/afk harvesting - mining/lumber and many more.
07-18-2013 08:39 PM
htid4life
Journeyman

Likes Given: 27

@alaric

you can auto loot with easy uo any way... .also ignore light levels with razor ... so every thing u said u can do with razor or easy uo Tongue

[Image: htid.jpg]
07-19-2013 12:09 AM
JeBu
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

but how you can block all of these abuses? Smile I'v heard that RunUO servers can block those (not sure if true)
07-19-2013 04:47 AM
RanXerox
Master

Likes Given: 1

Why do you consider it an abuse?

In the auto loot scenario: I can use my hands to move my mouse to loot a corpse (slow and tedious)... or I use a program to move the mouse and loot the corpse (fast and efficient.)

If RunUO blocks this, then they probably have code that says "If someone loots too fast, then assume they are not human so slow them down". You could probably do this in sphere script too if you really wanted to force your players to play UO slow and tediously.
07-19-2013 04:56 AM
JeBu
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Autoloot: It's no more about player skills how fast you loot.

Ignore light lvl: In some shards nightime might play bigger role. So ppl who can control light lvl are advanced

Target assistant: not sure how this works but again sounds that it gives advance for players who use this program.

afk harvesting: this is easy to block with game systems. Some shards allow and some shards ban afk macroers / harvesters
07-19-2013 05:13 AM
RanXerox
Master

Autoloot, Target assistant, and AFK harvesting are essentially the same situation: The human user normally interfaces with their client hardware (using their eyes on the screen and their hands on the keyboard/mouse) to control their software... but software programs like injection can be written to use those same visual cues and input devices to automate the activity. There is no way to prevent this except to have the server try and analyze the activity and heuristically decide if it is a human or a computer that is at the controls... Perhaps by measuring the speed at which the actions take place.

Too "fast"? assume its a computer... too "perfect", assume its a computer...

Of course the injection programmer simply has to add some delays, randomness, and imperfections to their algorithm and now their program looks a lot more human.

What if a player is handicapped (arthritis in their hands, or cerebral palsy makes them shake too much, etc) and therefore they need computer assisted help to play your game. Do you want to exclude those people because you want your game to only be played by specimens of humanity with a particular level of hand-eye coordination? I am curious to hear how you think that makes your game better.

Light Level is something else entirely... the server can advise the client as to the light it should use, but the client can decide (or not) to use that advice. This is because a player might be using a crummy monitor with poor gamma control etc. Do you want to prevent players from enjoying your game when their equipment is not up to your standard?

Personally I think the quality of an MMO game experience hinges on the quality of the players in the game more than the I/O limits you impose on their interface to the game.

:-)
07-19-2013 06:19 AM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

Come on, that features weren't developped for helping people with handicaps or poor monitors Tongue
07-19-2013 06:24 AM
RanXerox
Master

Just playing Devil's Advocate :-p
07-19-2013 06:30 AM