Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
about sphere server limit
ograso
Journeyman

Likes Given: 10

about sphere server limit
Does anyone know sphere server limit about item count? Lots of server using itesm reset method for the performance but AFAIK sphere server doesnt have any limit about this situation.

Someone brief me about this situation and How can I increase performance my server.. Is there any fine tune etc..
06-17-2014 07:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Feeh
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 6

RE: about sphere server limit
UO, not sphere, is limited to about 4 billions of entities (items+chars+any other server needs)
The most crowded server I've ever found contained about 100 millions of items and not 200 thousand of chars, not even close to the UO limit

The performance depends on what hardware you're operating and what active systems and player base you have. Performing world cleaning may result in better performance, but performance may be getting hit by many factors than heavy amount of items

We can't tell you how to fine tune as they may vary to fit your needs, out best is to give you tips that can help solve performance problems

Performance problems should not be noticeable on a running server, only during save only if you have a large amount of items.
If you're noticing performance slowdowns during gameplay, you will have to check your system and if that not solve, check your scripts, one ore more of them may be consuming too much resources

Feeh/Epila - Nightly releases / SphereWiki / Github Issues / Sphere's GitHub
06-17-2014 08:11 AM
[+] 3 users Like Feeh's post
ograso
Journeyman

Likes Given: 10

Thank you for your valuable information
06-17-2014 08:57 AM
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

from my experience a few things actually correspond to the client lagging / potentially hanging. This is not sphere lag.

- Too many clients on the screen (especially for sphere 56b, 55i run and cast) pretty simple, more clients, doing more things on the screen, causes lag.
- Too many items on the screen ( items lcoked down in houses etc.) Can cause lag, and sometimes require long load times for the map. It's best to static the major components of the map. Also restrict item lockdown limite
- user internet connection,
- user computer hardware
- server hardware
- server connection (up/dl)
06-17-2014 08:58 PM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

item count only affect worldsave, doesn't mean it will really cause some ingame performance slowdown

I have 1.100.000 items, 10.000 chars and 5000 accounts on my server and it runs fine without problems. On dedicated hosting (old xeon quadcore) it took about ~20s worldsave, while on my PC (core i5) this same server running same save files took 11s

what really can cause lag is poor PC performance and poor connection. And even with a perfect ping you can have some lag if you send too many items/effects/chars to the client screen at the same time
06-18-2014 02:11 AM