Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Words of Power
zottolo
Journeyman

Likes Given: 8

Words of Power
Hello!
it's been a while since i wrote here...so i'm taking this chance to wish you all a wonderful 2017!

Recently i've updated my project with the latest sphere 056.c prerelease but i've decided to keep my versions of script pack and had a few issues that i figured out how to fix quite easily (brain incompatibilities, spells issues etc), except one that makes me feel kinda lost...

Everytime i cast a spell, words of power are shown followed by the name of the spell in this form for ex.: In Mani [Heal] . The only exception is Blade Spirit spell.
[Image: nightsight.png]

I was thinking about a wrong setting switched on but everythings is ok, not even a wrong @spellcast trigger...help? ^_^
01-06-2017 02:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

RE: Words of Power
this is an feature of 3rd party tools (Razer/UOSteam/etc), they automatically filter WOP texts to add the spell name after it. You can disable this feature on settings screen of your 3rd party tools

previously sphere was sending WOP words incorrectly with an extra whitespace at the end (eg: "In Lor " instead "In Lor") and this was breaking the WOP filter on 3rd party tools. But since this extra whitespace got fixed on sphere, this also fixed this WOP filter too

but doing some quick search about the blade spirits spell I found that this spell is using WOP on wrong order, this is why WOP filter is not working on this spell. So to fix it you just need to open your sphere_spells.scp, search for "s_blade_spirits" spell and replace the line RUNES=IJHY with RUNES=IHJY

PS: welcome back, and happy new year too Big Grin
01-06-2017 03:59 AM
zottolo
Journeyman

Likes Given: 8

RE: Words of Power
i can't believe i didn't see something like this before...u'r great!

(01-06-2017 03:59 AM)Coruja Wrote:  replace the line RUNES=IJHY with RUNES=IHJY

they already are IHJY so i replaced with IJHY that is the correct one ^_^
thank you!!!
01-06-2017 04:45 PM