• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with Art...
admin_teclis
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Age of Apocalypse

Problem with Art...
Hi all,
I'm a few days trying to insert some new images, I can add, I can also create them in-game, but in the paperdool look good ... while in the same pg no .. as if they had been equippate .. What's wrong?
Using client base UOMondais Legac, as a tool MUL patcher ...
Thank you all for any replies ...
Sorry for my English. I am Italian ...

I'm used this Tutorial:

How to start
First go to the category „settings“ in the bottom menu order and insert the pathes to your mul and idx files. If you are using Windows 98 or Windows ME please check the field "Win98/WinME".
Now, just to be careful, make backups of all your muls you entered into settings.

Insert new Art (walls and preparation for stuff you can equip)
Before you can make stuff you can equipp there needs to be an art tile which is how it looks like when the new equippment lies at the earth instead of being equipped. So you drag this art tile later to the paperdoll and equipp it. But new stuff for building like walls or trees are art tiles too. So in short terms, art tiles are everything you can lay down at the earth in UO/put somewhere in the world or backpack while being ingame.

First go to "Settings" category, than hit "Load" next to the Art Tile Section (and load the Radarcol Section too, if it is something for building like walls or floors that should show up in the radarmap).

Now choose the category "Art(S)". In the dropdown menu at the left hand, choose (instead the default "All Slots") "Empty Slots". Now in the list at the left you can see all HexIDs with empty slots in your art.mul. Right click at an empty slot (for example 1FE) opens a menu. In this menu choose "Load from Bitmap" and now browse the folders for the bitmap that contains your new art tile. The color true black (#000000 in RGB) will be invisible/transparent later in UO.

Now you have inserted the first art tile but ist only in RAM and you need to store the change. So go to category "Settings" again and choose at the art tile section "Save".

The right-click-menu in „Art(S)“ category allows to delete arts out of the muls too of course, but this needs to be stored like adding does, of course, so do not forget to save your changes in „Settings“!

Of course you need a script now with your Emu to use it in Ultima.

Introduce new gumps (items you can equip and client graphical interface)

Of course no freeshard is spezial without own, new gumps.
Gumps(nonAnim): This category shows all gumps for the client graphical interface like the look of the paperdoll or how the login screens looks like.
Gumps(anim): This category stores all gumps you can see someone wearing in the paperdoll when equipping some stuff, like hair, clothes, weapons.

Let's look into the second one. First load Gumps and Tiledata under category „Sections“. Now go into category „Gumps(anim)“ and search an empty HexID/Slot (red color, in our example EC23). Right click at this hexID and in the opening menu click at „Load from Bitmap", now browse until you found the bitmap your new gump contains.

After this the new gump needs to be linked to an animation, otherwise you do not see anything except in the paperdoll. If you want to link it to an already existing animation, you need to copy the animation to use first. To do so, right click again at the slot/HexID you have used (it is now a black number, because it is used by the new gump now) and choose "Copy existing Animation".
A dialog opens, that asks which animation you want the gump to use. To find the needed animation ID, open InsideUO and in „animation“ category go to "People and Accessoires" (ONLY THOSE ANIMS can be linked to equippment in UO!) and when left clicking the wished animation you see the animation ID as Hex-ID at the bottom status bar of InsideUO. Enter this one into the dialog from mulpatcher.
Now the gump has an animation, but you cannot equipp a gump, you need an item linked to the gump (which in turn links to the animation). So LEFT click at the slot with your new gump, and look what number appears at the little bottom window called "Animation Id:". This tells you the new AnimId, copy it and paste it into the input field "AnimID" under category TILEDATA.
There are other preferences to set in the tiledata so the art tile/item you link to the gump really is equippable. The easiest way is to copy the values from a similar already existing item (for example you want to make a new robe, so copy tiledata entries from robe art tile/item).
The part "Quality" is the most important for new equippable art, it defines for equippable things at which layer those are equipped.
It is no problem to link several art tiles/items with the same gump/anim, but every time you want to have a new gump you need a new item and to copy an existing animation (or make a new animation, that's possible with mulpatcher too).
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 07:57 AM by admin_teclis.)
09-24-2012 07:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply